Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Blue Screen Again
Spyder36
Accepted Solution

Y570 - TV Overscan and No Blu-ray TV Picture

I have recently bought a Y570 (08622VU): moving up from a Y560P. I wish to use the unit as a Home Theater PC. I am connecting the unit using HDMI cable to a large rear projection Samsung TV.

1) My first probiem is overscan. The desktop when viewed on the TV is missing about 5% on all edges. The corners are missing. The desktop as shown on the laptop's own screen is perfect. I did not have this problem with the Y560P. The Y560P showed the complete desktop in the TV without changing from default settings. I have tried changing resolution without success. How do I fix/troubeshoot this problem?

2) My second problem is lack of Blu-ray movies on the TV. The screen on the laptop shows a Blu-ray movie perfectly. The TV shows the control icons (Pause, Chapter Skip, etc) from the Lenovo Power DVD software on the screen, but the center window that should be showing the movie is black. I have a Sony PS3 connected to the TV and it shows Blu-ray movies without problem. So I do not think it is a TV issue.  How do I fix/troubleshoot this problem?

Community Moderator
yigit

Re: Y570 - TV Overscan and No Blu-ray TV Picture

can you tell us which version of power dvd you are using?

due to my absence, i may not reply your posts and/or personal messages

http://www.ki-themes.com
Blue Screen Again
Spyder36

I am using Cyberlink PowerDVD Vers. 10.0.2904.52. I hope that helps. I really need some advice on how to troubleshoot the 2 issues and fix the problems. These issues are preventing me from using laptop as I intended.

Community Moderator
yigit

can you try windvd9?
http://www.corel.com/corel/product/index.jsp?pid=prod4090069&cid=catalog20038&segid=4400002&storeKey...

Blue Screen Again
Spyder36

I used your link and it led me to install Corel WinDVD Pro 11 (30 day free trial). I registered my copy. I clicked on the new desktop icon. A box appears offering the choice of Recommended or Custom Settings. I clicked OK for Recommended. Spash Screen showing WinDVD logo appeared for 5 seconds then disappeared. Nothing else happened.

Tried inserting Blu-ray disc. Laptop offered choice of using Lenovo's software or Corel. Chose Corel. Then same as above. The program did not run the disc. The program disappeared.

Why did you want me to install and run another piece of software. I would expect the Lenovo "out-of-the-box" system to play a Blu-ray disc over HDMI as advertised. Please help with my original problems. I appreciate your assistance.

Community Moderator
yigit

i just wanted to be sure if it's not related to power dvd. that's why i suggested you to try windvd9 trial.

there may be compatible issue with your computer and tv. have you tried to check tv's manufacturers website for firmware update? also, which version of bios do you have?

Token Ring
zitnikp

Try the VLC video player and if it doesn help, play the movie and press the Fn(function)+F2 and choose "Projector only". If that still doesn't work, try rebooting into bios(restart and when it shuts down and then the lenovo logo shows up press f2 but be quick :smileyhappy:) and find an option for something with power at which you can choose LCD Only or Auto(or compatible, something like that) and put it to Compatible/Auto and then find the Save and exit and click that and save it, then reboot and try again then report back here :smileyhappy:

802.11n
velenoso666

Why don't you try one of the overscan compensation Fix software, personally I haven't but if you create a restore point before installing it should be ok.

Blue Screen Again
Spyder36

yigit, zitnikp, and velenoso666,

I have a close relative that has a severe medical condition. I do not have the time now to investigate my laptop problems. I will continue this in a few weeks. Thank you for the suggestions. I will post in a few weeks with my results.

Token Ring
zitnikp

I wish your relative all the best with his/hers recovery! Let them be ok soon.