Support in other languages: 
Ctrl-Alt-Del
hziegle1

Re: Y570 Temps

[ Edited ]

hey, I've turned my pc on in safe mode but while I'm in safe mode I can't access my system temperature readings, so I don't know if its any different. 

I checked my cpu and it is using 0% cpu when idle, there are around 53 to 55 processes open.

my cpu temperature when idle is hovering at around 46C. The temperature in my room is 26.2C. I think for that, it seems to be fine. its the high temperatures I get while gaming or using google sketchup that worries me.

also, I wasn't aware of the different fan settings, thanks! I've set it to cool and efficient, and I'm going to test whether this reduces my temperatures. 

I'll be interested to see you're temps while its under 100% load. I haven't gone to 100% load yet on this i7 but I am seeing my temps to go 80-95C at just 15% load! 

edit: I didnt see any temperature difference with the fan setting on cool and efficient...

Punch Card
surged

I have a similar problem mate. When gaming, my i5 hits 100 celsius and then starts to throttle down to about 1.8 ghz. I use ThrottleStop to make sure the CPU doesnt dip to 800 mhz (this causes FPS stutters in games from 60 -> 15 and then back up). Regardless, when playing Battlefield 2 or Deus Ex Human Rev. my cpu always hits 100 celsius very quickly. I don't know if this is a design failure or a hardware failure.
Fanfold Paper
ALTUVE3D

So I did few renders today, I turned the AC to 26 C, the max temp i got was 70, i didn´t turn on the Graphic card but i think that with the graphic card on it would get up to 78 or maybe less..

Have you guys try using a cooling pad?

Greetings.

Punch Card
surged

The CPU temps always jump to 100 celsius under 100% load -- also they jump to 100 celsius when gaming (and the cpu is certainly not under 100% use). I'm not getting the same temps as anyone else under load, which is around 75-85 celsius. I feel like it is some kind of hardware issue.
Ctrl-Alt-Del
hziegle1

your problems seem much worse than mine! if that was the case, I would definetly contact warranty!

Punch Card
surged

I may just go ahead and do that seeing as lenovo forum support is useless.

What's DOS?
Bogdan_90

have anybody solve the problem?

What's DOS?
rannon

is my y570 overheating?

hi guys i really need your help, my configuration is i7-2630qm, 6gb ram, gpu 555m ddr5 1 gb

at idle my cpu is at 40-50 degrees celcius and gpu is at 47-52 degrees celcius which i consider normal since i7's normally run warm, however, which gaming heavily my cpu is 80-85 degrees celcius and my gpu is at 96 degrees celcius, many people at lenovo said this to be normal , however i know its not ,this is scaring to the point where i think one day while gaming it will give out... because of this i have stopped gaming for now until i know its safe to proceed. i have cleaned the dust in the hsf and to no avail. i was think my issue is the thermal paste but before i take it apart (i got this in 2011 so the warrenty is long gone..) i just need somone to tell if i correct or wrong since im only 16, im starting to dout myself .... your reply is greatly appreciated. (ps- my abient room temperature is normally 24-27 since i live in sharjah,U.A.E)

Broadband 3G
rockykoston

Re: is my y570 overheating?

[ Edited ]

I dont think there is a problem with your CPU tempratures. I am gaming all the time and my CPU temperatures reach 84 degree celsius, max.

I am not sure about GPU temperature on my system but I have read that GPU should be cooler than the CPU, not the other way round. You should consult Lenovo support regarding your GPU temperature.

Also, you should try to game at medium settings (lower than what you are gaming right now) and monitor the temperatures, they should atleast be 2-4 degrees less.

---------------------------------
Current System - Lenovo Y510P, GT755M SLI, 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD + 24GB SSD
When your plans fail, your Real Story begins!!