Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
generalissimo

Y570 Thermal Management Problems

Hi, I've had my Y570 for just over a week now, and other than this small problem, it's running just fine and I am very satisfied.

The problem I am having, however, involves the touch panel for the CPU Thermal Management. About 3-4 days ago, I first had the trouble of the touch key no longer responding to bring up the Thermal Management interface as it originally did when I purchased the laptop. I spent a few hours hunting down the problem, and found a post that suggested installing a specific set of drivers to fix the issue. I uninstalled and reinstalled Energy Management drivers (for a different model Ideapad) and it seemed to do the trick. Foolish as I was, I didn't save the information and the problem has come up again. After spending another few hours hunting down this problem via google, and having tried several drivers, I have been unable to fix the problem this time.

I figured I would come to the support forums to not only fix the problem, but perhaps gain some insight as to what is causing it. I thought I had narrowed the problem down to it being caused on the execution of a particular video game exe, although I'm not positive. As I have been unable to fix this problem for the second time, I am unable to test out the variables involved.

Can someone please assist me with this problem? I find the management of the thermal system to be very important. If there was some sort of interface outside of the touch panel keys, I would simply use that, but I cannot seem to find such a thing. 

Thanks in advance,

Generalissimo

Paper Tape
Eraa

Re: Y570 Thermal Management Problems

To find the correct software for your system use either a packaged CD that came with your purchase, or look in your LENOVO (D) drive.

For the Thermal Management Problems I had the same problem on my Y470.

I tried countless "solutions" given by the forums but last night I may have just lucked out. Although horrible for your battery health, what happened was I accidently left my laptop on all night causing the battery to die out. Then this morning I plugged it into its charger and the touch buttons started working again, both my OneKey Theatre and Thermal buttons.

I suggest you try these steps.

-Turn off your PC

-Remove the Battery

-Plug in the Charger

-Turn on your PC

I really hope this helps. As I lucked out on solving my problem.

Eraa

Paper Tape
generalissimo

Re: Y570 Thermal Management Problems

Thanks for the tip. It turns out my computer after recently being powered off for several hours started up with the thermal management keys working. I will try your suggestion out as soon as the problem occurs again, as this is the 2nd time it had for me now.

What's DOS?
miselking

Betreff: Y570 Thermal Management Problems

I have the same problem, but these above mentioned methods didn't work... I don't even know if I'm using standard or super silent mode...  The light on thermal management button is the same as super silent, only flipped... So, I what I wanna ask is, can anyone send photo in reply how the light looks on thermal management button when computer is running on standard mode???