Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Ctrl-Alt-Del
jackcnd

Re: Y570 - Why do games run better off my battery and choppy when its plugged in?

Hey try to disable other keyboards in (region and language settings) except for English, because while in game, laptop might switch to other input keyboards such as Chinese. It worked for me after I disabled sogou pinyin.

What's DOS?
returnity

Re: Y570 - Why do games run better off my battery and choppy when its plugged in?

I find it quite miserable for  Lenovo not being able to identify and solve this problem for this long. The most amusing part of the scenario is that tnone of the so-called "solutions" don't work except for limiting the cpu (which means disabling turboboost, a feature you've paid for). 

I wish I was aware of this problem before buying this laptop.

And yes, I also will never buy a Lenovo again!

Paper Tape
zephyros

I got Y570 for the purpose of gaming just a couple of days ago, BEFORE i read this thread.

Hope my laptop will not have this issue :smileymad:

Punch Card
kgorczyn

Does this problem effect the Y470? So far no such issue on mine, but I only play SC2

Fanfold Paper
eddyyy

Hello

Same problem here... "solved" by setting the CPU to 99%.

Lenovo seems to ignore this problem as no final cause and solution were made public.

Is any Lenovo official reading this topic? Or should we send our complains to Lenovo on other ways?

Punch Card
Xanek

[ Edited ]

eddyyy, did you have lenovo power management installed still or something? cause whenever I try that it doesnt do anything

Fanfold Paper
qromodynmc

Still no solution for This? :smileysad:
Community Moderator
yigit

@ qromodynmc

did you see the thread below?

http://forum.lenovo.com/t5/IdeaPad-Y-and-U-series-Laptops/Y570-Games-lags-and-choppy-when-it-s-plugg...

due to my absence, i may not reply your posts and/or personal messages

http://www.ki-themes.com
Punch Card
Xanek

yigit wrote:
@ qromodynmc

did you see the thread below?

http://forum.lenovo.com/t5/IdeaPad-Y-and-U-series-Laptops/Y570-Games-lags-and-choppy-when-it-s-plugg...

That solution barely does anything, it only improves it by a fraction.

Fanfold Paper
eddyyy

yes, i still have the lenovo power management installed. Anyway when I change the power plan in windows or Lenovo Power Management, the change affects the other program as well. I select the "High performance profile" from windows and in the advanced settings I set both minimum and maximum processor usage at 99%. Note that when changing to other power schemes, or running on battery these values are set to defaults and you must set them again to 99%.