Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Punch Card
Xanek

Re: Y570 - Why do games run better off my battery and choppy when its plugged in?

[ Edited ]

Hmm, ok. Though I just uninstalled the power management and set it to 99%, though I still notice that around 70~77 degrees celcius for the GPU, the turbo boost starts to make the GPU load go from max load to minimum load for a few seconds.

Edit: Though this is very stupid, after the spazzing of the GPU load, turbo boost stops after 77 celcius and stays at a constant 2.00GHz..

EDIT:

showing that @around 75 celcius it messes up & This is with the energy management reinstalled with the "fix" that was suggested and with it set at 99%

http://i43.tinypic.com/2v3rhuc.png

Also, dont respond with answers that have already been used and didn't work as this is getting more than annoying to us consumers

Just to note again, that my ideapad y570 is model 08622KU which was out of stock on multiple websites shortly after I purchased it, hmm I wonder why..

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834246151&nm_mc=TEMC-RMA-Approvel&cm_mmc=TEMC-...

Please come up with a fix that repairs the actual turbo boost part of this laptop whenever it reaches the 70 degree celcius range.

link to image image(s) >50k converted to link(s)

Paper Tape
Cseymour

Y570 Brand New Can't get steady frames in SW:ToR

So my question here is, I'm decently savy with technology and ive updated all the drivers for the gt 555m graphics card in my ideapad, but I still can't get steady framerates in Star Wars The Old Republic, and it seems odd that from low to high I get 40 fps for a min or two then i get 10 fps for a min or two and it randomly switches framerates. I know it's not my GPU being powerful enough because I can play Battlefield on high with 4xAA. So I'm completely stumped. My temperature monitors, and GPU monitors for the game, say that the highest I've reached is 72 celcius, and 82% GPU usage. If anyone has any ideas for a fix let me know. As of right now it plays the game on high and low settings just the same. Maybe it's just bad driver support?

Punch Card
Xanek

Re: Y570 - Why do games run better off my battery and choppy when its plugged in?

[ Edited ]

Has this problem even been notified to the company?

+don't say to call Lenovo tech support as they don't know anything

Paper Tape
Cseymour

Re: Y570 Brand New Can't get steady frames in SW:ToR

I don't have that energy management software anywhere on my taskbar. So it may or may not be the problem :smileysad: Is it software that I should have preinstalled?

Punch Card
Xanek

[ Edited ]

Why does it only happen during that temperature range?

Or is it BIOS or something? Because I can't update or anything because my bios has been newer than the last 2 that have been put up on the consumersupport page

Paper Tape
Cseymour

So I checked the Setting for the HD Scan in the Lenovo Energy Management and it hasn't changed anything in the game. My brothers 2 year old laptop runs the game better than mine which confuses me because his is far behind in benchmarks. I also tried some other troubleshoots listed on the forums such as limiting the CPU Usage Max percentage to 99% and that didn't fix anything. Are there other drivers I should try perhaps? I have tried the 290.36 beta driver and that didn't change the thing anyway.

Punch Card
Xanek

[ Edited ]

Don't think that will ever be fixed as this problem has been going on for quite a while.
Their suggested fix doesn't do anything

Thread that has multiple people with frame rate problems with this specific laptop
http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/IdeaPad-Y-U-B-V-and-Z-series/Y570-Why-do-games-run-better-off-my-battery...

Paper Tape
Cseymour

I guess I'm returning this laptop since looking back to July this problem hasn't been fixed and I've gone through every driver on Lenovo's and nVidias site. The main reason I got this laptop was to be able to do gaming on the side with steady FPS, i Figured the GT 555 would be overkill to play league of legends, and Star Wars The old Republic on Low, but it doesn't change anything. I get brief moments of amazing and clear FPS, then it just takes a dump and becomes so CHOPPY I want to just go home and use my desktop. So frustrating.

Punch Card
Xanek

Escalate this problem with the Y570's gaming FPS issue

[ Edited ]

Please escalate this problem that people have constantly been having with the IdeaPad Y570 and the frames per second issue that they have when gaming.

As everyone who basically even posted on this thread : http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/IdeaPad-Y-U-B-V-and-Z-series/Y570-Why-do-games-run-better-off-my-battery...

has either found a small temporary fix or has not found anything at all with this problem

We as consumers expect some kind of solution that would help us be less frustrated and more content with the product that we buy.

As I have previously stated in the thread linked above, myself personally, I see frame issues whenever my GPU gets to around the mid 70's in degrees celcius with turbo boost, as shown in this picture ( http://i43.tinypic.com/2v3rhuc.png ), as do other people within the same thread and other threads.

I do not bother even calling lenovo's technical support as they do not help at all, nor is the customer service even helpful from all the threads that I have read from people that have bought any lenovo product.

It is really sad to see all these people just making threads about all the problems that they have and not finding any fast and readily available solutions to their problems, and thus with that, saying that this company is horrible and that they will never buy from again.

So please, escalate this problem with the Lenovo Ideapad Y570 and whatever other laptops that have this problem and fix this. As I bought this product solely to play video games on and I am more than frustrated to see that this brand of laptops cannot sustain good frame rates due to the company not fixing the problem with the GPU and Intel's Turbo Boost Technology as Turbo boost is messing up the frame rate on gaming horrible as mentioned above when it reaches mid 70 degrees celcius. It is disappointing to have to not use my product as intended and to find a alternative that makes my product run slower just so I can do what I want but without the full performance.

Escalate this problem.

Also, don't tell me to send it in to get it checked or fixed, as I have read multiple threads of where people don't get their product sent back for months on end, nor don't tell me to do any fixes that don't do nothing at all.

Escalate this problem, we payed money for a product that doesn't work like it is advertised, we don't like b.s. responses.

Paper Tape
Cseymour

Re: Escalate this problem with the Y570's gaming FPS issue

bump