Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
802.11n
velenoso666

Re: Y570 - Why do games run better off my battery and choppy when its plugged in?

Pito wrote:

I performed a system restore and it is back to normal and there is no lag anymore. I'm not going to update my drivers again.

Before I tested those drivers I created a restore point, even though I restored back to that point I created, the problem followed me back.

Token Ring
zitnikp

Re: Y570 - Why do games run better off my battery and choppy when its plugged in?

So..These drivers worked well for me for about a day..Then restarting a few times, the stuttering problem was back again with all my games tested. So now I have just finished the driver rollback and everything runs perfect again.

Punch Card
Pito

Actually it started out alright and now it's kind of lagging, not as much, but still kind of lagging. :smileysad: Have you got any ideas about how I can fix this?
Token Ring
zitnikp

While I don't know a proper fix for this.. We can just keep on wishing that lenovo will take a closer look at this and give us a fix.

Punch Card
Pito

[ Edited ]

I'm talking about lag that started after I updated my graphics card. How did you roll back your graphics card? Has it stopped lagging since then?

Punch Card
Pito

I've fixed the lag that occurred after the update. I rolled back my driver then i downloaded my previous driver version (285.62) and I installed it, I chose custom and I ticked clean install. MW3 runs so smoothly again. I'm never going to update my graphics card again.

Paper Tape
majekk

[ Edited ]

You guys are going to love me for this. If you are running the i7 version of the y570 (im not sure about the other processors) the turbo boost that is integrated in the chip is what is freezing the game. a quick fix is to go to your power settings. Control Panel -> Power Options. Make sure you have high performance on, then click change plan settings, at the bottom you will see change advance settings. when you get there scroll down to processor power management and set the max to 99% for both plugged in and on battery. keeping it at 99% keeps the turbo boost from kicking in and making the game act up. no need to use old drivers on your video card or anything like that. im fully updated and bf3 runs on high without even trying. hope that helps!

Also if it helps you click this star under my name so i know if it works for others :smileytongue:

Punch Card
Pito

The stuttering has stopped a long time ago, but I will try setting both of them to 99% and seeing if it makes a difference in the performance of the game itself. 

Punch Card
Esoteric

Sigh.. I kinda envy you velenso although I don't think I can sell mine which I bought at 999 due to its current condition (which is not in a bad condition)

Anyways yeah MW3 is now lagging with my computer.  Also, does anyone else have problems with Assassin's Creed Revelations?  Is it a really powerful game or is it something to do with our drivers again, because its fps is terrible around 15 fps.  And even after trying to switch the maximum and minimum power management for high performance, I still had crappy  fps issues.  

Punch Card
Pito

I don't know about AC: Revelations, but I reinstalled the new drivers but this time I ticked clean installation and it works like a charm, no lag whatsoever. But I can't really feel a difference between this driver and my previous driver, I also change  the option in the advanced power management options to 99% and I still can't feel a difference.