Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
harsh1592

Re: Y570 - Why do games run better off my battery and choppy when its plugged in?

hey the drivers working good for me too.:smileyvery-happy: games play much smoother now.

Punch Card
Pito

Re: Y570 - Why do games run better off my battery and choppy when its plugged in?

[ Edited ]

I stopped getting the notification of the switchable graphics after I updated to the newer version, has this happened to any of you? My battery (in the taskbar) also seems to have gone, i'm not sure if it's because of the drivers or not. :/

Edit: I also can't find my volume in the task bar, I right clicked and pressed properties and the volume and battery are set to off and they can't be switched to on.

Edit: A clean install of the new drivers fixed the disappearance of the volume and battery icon. But I still don't get a notification if I switch graphics cards. 

Paper Tape
Genius2142

Go to Nvidia Control Panel > Desktop > Display GPU activity Icon in Notification Area

Hope it helps!

Punch Card
Pito

Genius2142 wrote:

Go to Nvidia Control Panel > Desktop > Display GPU activity Icon in Notification Area

Hope it helps!

Thanks, mate. :smileyhappy:

What's DOS?
Juli

Re: Y Series Graphics Lag Problem

I did what shortyg83 recommended here: http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/IdeaPad-Y-U-V-and-Z-series/Y570-Why-do-games-run-better-off-my-battery-a...

I set min and max CPU power to 90 in advanced power management for "Balanced".

I also did what Kirill recommended and unchecked smart power saving hard disk and smart power saving CPU for the Lenovo power manager.

Now games are running smoothly for me.

If anyone wants to know in detail what I did, feel free to message me.
Token Ring
zitnikp

Re: Y Series Graphics Lag Problem

The new drivers make all the games run smooth without limiting our processor(cpu). Why would anyone actually want to limit it back to 90% performance?

What's DOS?
Cicchetto

[ Edited ]

Hmmmm

Fanfold Paper
harsh1592

3 days in, no complaints?? ppl are busy playing their hearts out..lol. good to see.
Fanfold Paper
LinkGC

[ Edited ]

I will try now some games with the new drivers to see if I don't get stutters anymore =)

EDIT: I tried playing Mass Effect and Skyrim and they were OK. Actually I feel that I have 3-5 fps more in Skyrim than with the older driver.

But I played Need for Speed Hot Pursuit and there were maaany FPS drops (worst than before). I then turned on "ThrottleStop 4.0" (without modifying anything)  and the framerate was steady (I don't know the reason).

The problem I'm experiencing now is that in both Mass Effect and NFS Hot Pursuit I get temperatures up to 100 °C in the CPU!!! I don't think this is good for the processor. Anyone of you have also this temperature? Of course if I turn the Turbo boost OFF I don't get this high temp.  

Maybe I will try to change the thermal grease and get a cooler pad... 

EDIT2: I think I already know what's happening. Apparently Intel has implemented a feature that throttles down the CPU automatically when it is overheated. What ThrottleStop do is disabling this feature.That's the reason why I don't get any stuttering when ThrottleStop is turned ON, but in return I get this terrible temperatures.

Next week I will try changing the thermal grease and put an Artic Silver 5 on both the CPU and GPU to see if I can lower the temperatures.

EDIT3: I could change the thermal paste for the Artic Silver. I still get high temperatures, but at least it's less than before. It has reduced 5 -10 °C the temperature in the CPU. Probably I'll be getting soon a cooling pad to reduce a bit more the temperature. 

Paper Tape
orangejuicy

Hey everyone,

So it seems like I'm a bit late to the party,  but does the new 301.24 beta driver work for the Y470 as well? I have the Y470 which I bought around August 2011 and have been having issue with the GPU for a couple months now.

I've read a several pages on this post and I wanted to clarify what the "stuttering" that everyone is mentioning entails. For me, when I play League of Legends or the D3 Beta my game will be running smoothly at 60fps and then it will drop to about 5fps for a few seconds and jump back up to 60fps. This happens every few minutes or so and won't stop.

I wanted to verify if this is the same problem that everyone is having. Also, is the beta driver a fix all or will I also need to implement the other quick fixes such as turning off turbo boost and modifying the battery power settings?

Much appreciated.