Support in other languages: 
802.11n
matrixleader

Re: Y570 - Why do games run better off my battery and choppy when its plugged in?

@orangejuicy:

Yes you can install the same drivers for the nVIDIA Graphics chipet on your Y470
ASUS G750JX-CV050H | i7-4700HQ @ 2.40 GHz. | 32 GB DDR3 1600 MHz. Hynix RAM | 256 GB LiteOn LCM-256M3S SSD + 1 TB Seagate Momentus ST1000LM024 5400 RPM HDD | GeForce GTX 770M 3 GB GDDR5 RAM | 17.3" Full HD 3D Glossy Screen
Punch Card
Pito

Re: Y570 - Why do games run better off my battery and choppy when its plugged in?

If you install the drivers you won't need to turn off the turbo or configure any other settings. The stuttering we are getting is that we get high fps and then the fps drops to 1-5 fps for 2-3 secs and then it goes up again, so the game seems to pause for 2-3 secs.

Punch Card
Pito

Sometimes when I play some games I get very low fps 20-35 average, then a little while later (about 30 mins) my laptops shuts down. I'm guessing it's because it is overheating, Anyone know why this might be happening? I haven't checked my GPU temp but judging by the air exiting the ventilation it's not that hot, I'm not sure though.

Fanfold Paper
Jelon

I can just confirm that installing the 301.24 beta drivers solved the problem with games being chopped. Although creating the log file with GPU-Z, the graphic card temperature reaches 94 degrees :smileysad:

Tested with some old games that were getting lagged on my laptop, Energy Star setting used from Lenovo Energy Management :

Need for Speed Hot Pursuit

GTA IV Episodes from Liberty City (created log file)

Race Driver Grid (created log file)

... ain't never so bad that it couldn't get worse ...
Paper Tape
orangejuicy

@ Pito

I would still crack open your laptop and clean out the fan and exhaust. I've had my laptop for about 9 months and I just cleaned it out for the first time today. I had so much dust buildup that it covered my entired heat spreader andexhaust. It's strange because I still felt air coming through but I guess it was so minimal.

While playing LoL i had GPU and CPU temperatures of 90 C. After I cleaned it out it was at 70 and and 75, which is pretty drastic decrease.

Token Ring
Fletchman1313

Ok, I know it's been debated on different threads here before, but recently I purchased a laptop cooling pad.  The Coolermaster U2.   Before I got the pad my temps while gaming were in the mid 80's with spikes to around 90-95.  Since I got the pad, my temps are at around 60 with spikes around 75 degrees.

I don't know if that helps stuttering while gaming, but I think it can be said that a laptop cooling pad can make a 10-20 degree difference.  It is worth considering if you have a temperature problem.  

I should try playing without the fans on now and see what happens.  

Punch Card
Ehex

i just got my y570 repaired and it has every new bios/driver/ and the 301 beta driver.

I have a problem where my games would be okay for 1-20 minutes and then just go down to 10-20 fps for 1-5 minutes then back up to 120+ fps

Any help on this?

-ehex

Punch Card
Xanek

[ Edited ]

For anyone that has diablo 3, does it run extremely slow for any reason? I have the latest WHQL driver (296.10) and it runs at 30 fps on the main menu and it lags to hell on the actual gameplay, getting around 10~20 frames per second.

I have my graphics running always on high-performance

Punch Card
paundnes

Hello Xanek,

It does indeed run for me veeery slow too, especially during those 4-man-plus-alot-of-mob-packs situations, i can barely even coordinate a single move. Because I wanted to clean up my Computer anyways, I decided to clean install Windows 7 Home Premium on my 40GB SSD.

I did by exactly following this Guide: http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/IdeaPad-Y-U-V-and-Z-series/Lenovo-IdeaPad-Y570-Clean-Install-Guide/td-p/...

Well, turns out nothing really changed and I don't know what the Heck is wrong with it. It makes no fun at all playing this Game anymore with such a bad movement! I also have those kind of Problems with World of Warcraft too. When i got my Laptop ( about 6 Months ago ), i used to play smoothly at Ultra Settings in WoW, but that changed at some point ( I don't really know when, what and why) and know it's even on Low Settings sometimes down to 12-15 fps.

Yes, the Switch is enabled and I checked the Energy Management, everything seems to be correct, running always on high-performance, too.

Does anyone know some help? I would greatly appreciate it!

Greetings

Token Ring
zitnikp

I don't have Diablo 3 so I didn't try it but hey. Maybe you need to create a new application profile in nvidia control panel as this is a new game on the market and nvidia hasn't created a game profile for it yet. So try doing this.

Right click on desktop

Click on Nvidia Control Panel

Manage 3d Settings

Select the tab "Program Settings"

Click "Add"

Find the installation folder of Diablo 3 and double click on the executable file(the file that opens the game, application file extension)

Then choose High-Performance Nvidia Processor

Then scroll down and find the Power management mode and put it to "Prefer maximum performance"

That's just my idea on it. If this doesn't help than I guess you can try to play with nvidia settings for this program(like turning off ambient occlusion and anti aliasing,...).

Please do report if this was of any help or if the problem persists.