Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
nevzat1117

Re: Y570 - Why do games run better off my battery and choppy when its plugged in?

They(lenovo) had to fix this sluttering issue but they do nothing about on this subject. 37 forum pages about one problem, nobody cares. Shame...

Punch Card
Pito

Re: Y570 - Why do games run better off my battery and choppy when its plugged in?

I've always had the thermal management on 'efficient thermal dissipation' and I always get stuttering while gaming.

Token Ring
Fletchman1313

I still think it has something to do with the screen saver settings.  

802.11n
velenoso666

[ Edited ]

If I had to pick what I thought is causing the stuttering I'd say one of two thing , either the switchable graphics software or and power saving software. Where the software can't decide which mode to use and it switchs back and forward between the modes e.g. which to use power saving or performance or use intel graphics or dedicated graphics or maybe  a bit of both.

Fanfold Paper
harsh1592

new problems arising now.. my laptop shuts down 20mins on playing gta4 on high...i hv noticed that both the gpu and cpu temps are way below alrming level..below 80 for both.But the one thing that gets super hot is the back center where the battery lies..Is it normal for the battery to heat up during playing? And it happnd evrytime i m play on battery not while plugged in.

Fanfold Paper
harsh1592

played again this time the system shutdown while on the loading screen..?? not even a min into playing.nothing heated up the battery was cool,the cpu as well as gpu were cool..

Punch Card
Pito

harsh1592 wrote:

played again this time the system shutdown while on the loading screen..?? not even a min into playing.nothing heated up the battery was cool,the cpu as well as gpu were cool..

Have you disabled the turbo boost because my laptop shuts down after a while while playing with turbo boost enabled.

Fanfold Paper
harsh1592

to Pito,

no I hvnt touched the torbo boost thing at all.btw the problem is nly when i play gta4 eflc..dont knw why ?i guess i hv to refrain from playing that game :smileysad: .

rolled back the nvidia drivers to 285.79 i think these are the best drivers for us till now coz the newer ones though increased the performance of some games bt at the cost of rare stuttering which for me never existed..so back to where i hv startd frm.

Token Ring
zitnikp

GTA IV is a really CPU hungry game. It is the only game that got my CPU warmed up above 80°C on stock thermal compound. With turbo turned off it still went to almost 80°C so I just removed that game and left it alone, as I'm not really into that kind of games that much. So it was a no brainer for me to remove it and never install it again on my system :smileyhappy: But other games tend to run smoothly with turbo boost disabled. And as mentioned before, 40 pages of this thread, and lenovo can't get off theri arse to do something about it. Way to go spend 1000€ for something that a 500€ asus beats with ease. We got screwed. Big time :smileyvery-happy:

Token Ring
zitnikp

Well hello there once again my friends. Just wanted to let you know that a new nvidia driver is out and here you have a link to download and test it: Nvidia verde 301.24 beta

I'm just downloading it to test it's performance and/or stuttering problems. I don't have high expectations but still, worth giving it a try. The driver came out today so just wanted to share with you all.