Support in other languages: 
Fanfold Paper
ayman_ali_jumma

Re: Lenovo Y470 release date?

I really don't know whats wrong with Lenovo.. I mean all the other manufacturers have already made the sandy bridge upgrade to their laptops back in March... And Lenovo still doesn't have a release date for the y570.... It was told firmly that its gonna come out today, but no...! huh... Im so frustrated...!

Punch Card
brandothedj

[ Edited ]

@ayman_ali_jumma

I agree with you completely. Dell and HP had the sandy bridge with switchable graphics at the beginning of the year. The y560p has sandy bridge too, but no switchable graphics..

@everyone  EDIT: everyone in the U.S., and I guess a few other places..

For those who dont already know, I just checked and they've been released!

Paper Tape
vasamaly

Re: Y570/Y470 ship date?

Hi, am I the only only one, who noticed this: http://shop.lenovo.com/SEUILibrary/controller/e/web/LenovoPortal/en_US/catalog.workflow:category.det...

So it seems it is avaiable in US already. How long it could take, before it will reach central europe shops?

Fanfold Paper
bobbsmad

Hi All,

Its been available in Singapore from April29th and I bought mine on 30th April (1499 sgd). The lenovo outlet where I bought just had 5 pieces.

The mouse touch pad is really great to feel with solid grip, no lagging in playing HD videos, superb LED screen clarity, JBL speakers are of great quality, 2 USB 3 and 2 USB 2 (1 pairing), power button and volume controls just perfect with a gentle touch, really a quiet laptop. Still have to test the gaming capability, battery life. so far so good.

Cheers

Punch Card
brandothedj

@vasamaly

First question,

No, your not the only one that noticed. In my post just before yours I already mentioned that it had been released.

Second question,

http://shopap.lenovo.com/ru/ru/products/lifestyle/ideapad/y-series/y470_y570/index.html

It says May 2010, so I would imagine soon. Then again, they first said April in the U.S.

Punch Card
brandothedj

Thanks for the mini review bobbsmad. I'm really looking forward to this lappy!

Does it run hot at all? By chance could you monitor your temps while gaming? I'd really love to know...

I had some high temps while gaming on my Y550p...

Blue Screen Again
pit_ns

What about Canada......???????

Paper Tape
kevlar3d

y470 is out today on the lenovo page.

Paper Tape
vasamaly

to brandothedj: Sorry, I missed that. But the link to russian lenovo page was not very helpful. Do you really think that Central Europe, or Czech rep. means Russia? Anyway, it seems I'll have to wait for few more weeks. 

Fanfold Paper
Nemix77

This is great news. 

I just ordred a MSI FX620DX i5-2410m GT 540m in Canada that is on backorder but I might cancel and get the Y570 since the wait is the about same. 

The Y570 i5-2410m will probably be about $150 - $200 more than the MSI FX620DX in Canada but it comes with Blu-Ray Combo, GT 555m, better keyboard/touchpad, better screen (MSI screens are usually cheap) and better design which is worth the price IMO but the MSI has better speakers (not a big deal JBL's on Lenovo are fine).

If the Y570 i5-2410m makes it to Canada before my MSI FX620DX backorder arrives (mid to end of May) then I'm going to cancel the MSI for the Lenovo.

Thanks for the news and US link.