Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Token Ring
Aleksandar011
Accepted Solution

Y570 video and sound randomly freezes for a short period of time

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I recently bought my Y570. While i was playing a video game(League of Legends), the video froze, and my sound got distorted for only a second or two, it jittered. I thought it was nothing to be worried about.
Then while I was watching a youtube video the same problem occurred, video froze for a second a sound jittered again. It also happened while I was installing Java jre on my laptop, it had to install 3 files, and during every installation while the status bar was empty it first froze and sound got distorted (I was listening to music while I was installing) and then the installation would actually start. It can be described as Lag of some sort. Has this problem happened to anyone else and is there a solution? Nvidia graphics was on during the video game and youtube video, but I can't remember about the installation.

Thank you for your time.

y570, i7 2670qm, gt555m 2GB, 32GB SSD, Win7 Home Premium 64bit.

Community Moderator
yigit

Re: Video and sound randomly freezes for a short period of time

hi aleksandar011

can you check the system logs for errors?

( right click my computer > manage > evet logs )

due to my absence, i may not reply your posts and/or personal messages

http://www.ki-themes.com
Token Ring
Aleksandar011

Ok, so I opened the Event Viewer>Summary of Administrative events and there are 144 errors in the last 7 days column. I'm not sure if this was the information you were looking for, but if you give me a more detailed explanation of what should I do, I will supply you with all the information you need(print screen, event log or anything that will help.).
I don't have any critical errors, I've got 6393 warnings and a 124 audit failures, all in the last 7 days. Aren't those numbers a little too high up? Oh, I forgot to mention, I am new to Windows 7, I used the XP for the last 7 years, but I know my way around computers so that won't be a too much of a problem.

802.11n
velenoso666

[ Edited ]

You should check windows logs --->systems

power.jpg

P.S. 6393 warnings WOW, what do the warming say or event number?

Token Ring
Aleksandar011

I checked the system log, and apart from some Warnings, everything seems to be OK. I made a mistake, that was the information column, I had 265 warnings in the last 7 days, not 6393. Ok so I pretty much ruled out the Nvidia card, it happened 2 times while the Optimus switch was off, so I think it's not GPU bound. Any ideas?

802.11n
velenoso666

Well what are the related messages left for the warnings?

Token Ring
Aleksandar011

1. Kernel-Processor-Power(always in group of 8), Message: "The speed of processor 7 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware. The processor has been in this reduced performance state for 2 seconds since the last report.", the number of the process ranges from 0 to 7, bottom-up.

2. Wininit, message: "Custom dynamic link libraries are being loaded for every application. The system administrator should review the list of libraries to ensure they are related to trusted applications."

3. k57nd60a, message: "Broadcom NetLink (TM) Gigabit Ethernet: The network link is down.  Check to make sure the network cable is properly connected."

4. WLAN-Auto-Config, message: "WLAN Extensibility Module has stopped. Module Path: C:\windows\System32\IWMSSvc.dll".

5. WLAN-Auto-Config, message: "WLAN AutoConfig service has successfully stopped."

6. mfehidk, message: "Process **\mcshield.exe pid (6128) contains signed but untrusted code, but was allowed to perform a privileged operation with a McAfee driver."

Those should be all, I copied the name(source), and the information below.
P.S.. It happend during typing of this message so I refreshed the event log, it had no information nor warning matching the time stamp of the hiccup.

802.11n
velenoso666

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/IdeaPad-Y-U-V-and-Z-series/Y570-Why-do-games-run-better-off-my-battery-a...

I think it's >>The speed of processor 7 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware. The processor has been in this reduced performance state for 2 seconds since the last report<< check out Pito's post about using  ThrottleStop, I don't think it will fix the problem , but I believe it should fix the symptoms.

Community Moderator
yigit

have you also tried to flash bios update? also, please, try safe mode if the issue persists to make sure it's not related to drivers.

due to my absence, i may not reply your posts and/or personal messages

http://www.ki-themes.com
Token Ring
Aleksandar011

Ok, so I tried Pitos solution, it didn't work. I have now disabled turning off my HDD for saving power since I read somewhere that Western digital have some problems while going from idle to reading/writing. I have the latest version of BIOS, v2.09 so I think it doesn't need flashing. If the HDD thing doesn't work, I'll try to run it in safe mode.
velenoso666:  Pitos problem was happening only while playing games, and it was lagging throughout the game. My problem happens randomly, installing, playing games, watching videos, etc. It's only for a second or two and it feels like the HDD has hiccup, it stutters. Can't really explain it well enough.

Thanks for the help, i'll update tomorrow.