Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Token Ring
Aleksandar011

Re: Video and sound randomly freezes for a short period of time

Ok so none of the thins I tried so far seems to be working. It is getting really annoying, especially because it is a brand new laptop. Is there anything else I could try?

802.11n
velenoso666

Can you run a simple test for us,

1) take note of the time then start playing a game (since it happens during gaming it might be easier to repicate random freezing while doing so)

2) when the freezing/lag starts get out of the game again take note of the time

3) Then go into event veiwer ---.windows log ---> systems and see if you have an event logged (a warning) that corresponds with the time you started playing. 

4) if there is an entry like "event 37". can you tell us what the event number is and what it says.

If the warning you're getting is, "The speed of processor X in group 0 is being limited by system firmware. The processor has been in this reduced performance state for X seconds since the last report." please post here stating that you have the same problem and would like Lenovo to spend some of the money you and other Y570 owners have invested in the company to find a solution.

Token Ring
Aleksandar011

As I stated in the posts above, I do have that warning in my event viewer. But, I already checked 2 times as soon as the error occurred, and none of the warnings matched the time stamp of the actual glitch I experienced. So far, it has happened during youtube playback, movie playback, listening to music, gaming, during installation with music on. But as I browsed trough this forum, none of the errors people are reporting match mine. I really have no idea what to do.

802.11n
velenoso666

Which Nvidia drivers are you using?

Token Ring
Aleksandar011

I am using the 268.44.
But that is probably irrelevant now, because it seems the problem is gone. I fixed it! :smileyhappy:
All I had to do was to uninstall the McAfee antivirus that was a part of the bloatware. I had 2 more months worth of license, but I removed it with a smile on my face. I'd rather have a usable laptop than a secure paperweight.
I will try some free solution for the time being like Avira or something like that and I'll report if the problem returns. But for now, spread these words of wisdom to those who have a similar problem.

Oh and just to be sure, I'll try to use it tonight for 3 straight hours of gaming, videos and what not. I already tested it for 2 hours, also gave my sister to use it couple more, we both didn't find any traces of hiccup. I'll post this in that battery/AC topic as well. It might help someone.

Cheers!

802.11n
velenoso666

[ Edited ]

I'm glad you some how fixed it, but this is really weird seeing most people who are using those drivers have wosre problems than you experienced.

>>In addition<<

It would be of great help to the Y570 owners seeing don't have this problem, if you keep a record of what is installed on your laptop into the future, just in case you start experiencing the problems many have.

Fanfold Paper
drdoodoo

The game stuttering will return because what you are experiencing is CPU throttling due to your CPU passing the 85C mark. In other words, your laptop is overheating while playing games.
Token Ring
Aleksandar011

No, actually, the stuttering didn't return once in these last 3 days. I also checked my CPU temperature numerous times and it never went higher than 64C, even when I was gaming for 2 hours at a time.
I have my own logic behind this problem. When the CPU hits the 100% mark of usage, it will stutter. I don't know why, it may be because 95% of the application are not optimized to use all 4(8) cores, but only 1 or 2.
I think this because I fixed my problem with McAfee. As you know from time to time every antivirus will use a vast amount of resources for reasons I don't yet understand. And in that moment you'll get those big spikes.
Honestly, I don't think it's overheating because my y570 can't go above 64-5 degrees Celsius, and since the problem hasn't returned once in the last 3 days(since I uninstaled the McAfee) I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the CPU usage or a part of the antivirus protection module.
I can't really explain it well enough since English is not my native language, but i hope you get the picture.

What's DOS?
skrib

How did you uninstal Mcafee as it wont let me on my tablet.
Paper Tape
wargician02

Re: Y570 video and sound randomly freezes for a short period of time

I have been getting the same problem the error says "The device, \Device\Ide\iaStor0, did not respond within the timeout"