Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
pete519
Accepted Solution

Y580 Enabling VT-x

I need to enable to VT-x feature on this chip set. I need to be able to run x64 bit virtual software for my Network Engineering course. As Lenovo decided to disable it for some reason and I cant get into BIOS to enable it. Does anyone know how to enable VT-x on the Y580?

802.11n
Sfairat

Re: Y580 Enabling VT-x

Why can't you get into bios to enable it? I think it is the only way to di it, for some odd reason VT-X is disabled by default in lenovo bioses.
Paper Tape
pete519

When I get into BIOS it only shows me the boot menu, no other useful options are available.
802.11n
Sfairat

It's hard to believe in it. No advanced settings at all? o_O Can you please post a photo of your bios screen?
Community Moderator
zoltanthegypsy

How are you entering BIOS?

IIRC for that machine it's F2 during startup for BIOS, and F12 for the boot menu.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored. ... GeezBlog

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

Paper Tape
pete519

I was pushing the wrong button LOL. God and I am a Network Admin...... geez  *facepalm*

thanks guys 

Blue Screen Again
Y580-Nathan

Hello Pete,

Sounds like you have resolved your issue with VT enabling. 

I tried the same suggestion by the users here by going to bios via f2 keys, however, when i get in there I don't see any advanced configurations to turn on VT or enabling.  Can you let me know how you did it?  This is very frustrating how Lenovo is disabling it by default and doesn't provide any easy way to turn it on.

My Bios version is 5DCNOWW (v8.01).  

Utilitiies name is InsydeH20 Set up Utilities Rev 3.7.  

TIA

Blue Screen Again
Y580-Nathan

Can someone help with this issue?  Otherwise i'll have to ebay this beautiful laptop :smileysad:((

Broadband 3G
Tinderbox_UK

On the Z580 VT-x seems to be on by default according to cpu-z and hwinfo64 so it`s not all lenovo`s

John.

Win7 Lenovo Ideapad Z580 i5-3210m HD4000 Win7 x64 8gb 1600MHz Samsung 830 256GB SSD
Blue Screen Again
Y580-Nathan

Thanks for Answering John,

However, the setting is off on my system, i need it to run 64 bits guest OS on VMware.  I went into Bios settings and there is no such settings to turn on for some reason.  I hope someone reads this and offer assistance.  I'll try to call Lenovo support tonight and see if they can do something to help. 

I'll let you guys know of the outcome