Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
foreverp

Y580 restart issue

I have just brought a Y580 laptop. After installing a few Windows update, it fails to restart in Windows by clicking Restart in start menu. A black screen with only a Lenovo logo is displayed and it hangs. I have to restart it by pressing the Power button twice. It will then start up normally. Does anyone has the same problem?
802.11n
velenoso666

Re: Y580 restart issue

I would try a system restore, to a time back before you started having this problem, then each time I get an MS update I would note what they are and check for the reemergence of this problem. Once you know what group of updates is causing the issue, by process of elimination you can figure out which one is causing the issue.  (I say group because new systems out of the box usually get a lot of updates, usually a few at the time until the MS dater believes you're up to date) 

BTW 

What do you think of the laptop in general, have you played any games on it and what was it like?

Paper Tape
foreverp

Re: Y580 restart issue

I find the the problem only happens when it is connected to an external harddisk to the laptop during restart. If I unplug the external harddisk, it will boot up normally.

So far I have only played World of Warcraft and Diablo 3 on it and it runs smoothly. The screen is good (with 1080 resolution).