Support in other languages: 
What's DOS?
tapehiss
Accepted Solution

Z360 no longer accepting charge

Hey everyone,

Over the last month or two I've been having trouble getting my Z360 to accept a charge.  Unless the AC input was wiggled at a certain angle or had pressure applied to it, the laptop wouldn't accept a charge at all.  This has led to some pretty irritating battery outages, but otherwise the laptop (and the AC adapter itself) work just fine.

It appears that now the laptop simply won't take a charge at all, so I can't even boot it up anymore.  This pretty obviously a physical hardware issue, so I'm really hoping I can replace the connector.

Assuming I'm correct (if anyone has any other ideas, please let me know!), does anyone know where I might be able to get a new AC input connector?  Are they difficult to replace?  My warranty with Lenovo ran out in November, is there still any way I'd be able to get support them on this?

Thanks for your help!

Community Moderator
Zehnsteine

Re: Z360 no longer accepting charge

[ Edited ]

Hi Hiss,

your Z360 has no AC input connector, I guess you are talking about the DC Jack,

most probably you need to repair or exchange the Power Board,

please see Lenovo IdeaPad Z360 Hardware Maintenance Manual, page 53-54...

http://consumersupport.lenovo.com/us/en/UserGuide/Guide_list.aspx?CategoryID=808113

IdeaPad Z360 DC Jack only...

http://www.laptop-dc-jack.com/jacks.php/lenovo_IdeaPad+Z360_jack_5630.htm

please read...

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/IdeaPad-Y-U-V-and-Z-series/Ideapad-Z360-charging-issues/td-p/594151

good Luck... Zehn

What's DOS?
tapehiss

Thanks for the correction, Zehn, this is helpful!  I've never soldered before but I figured that would be necessary.  Seems like an easy enough replacement, if time consuming.  Thanks a ton!

Community Moderator
Zehnsteine

Hiss... hmm... not really easy,

I suggest you practice soldering with a scrap circuit board first or may try find a techie to do the job for you.

keeping my fingers crossed... Zehn

What's DOS?
tapehiss

Again, thanks for the response.  I'll see if I can find a repair shop that can help me out in that case, hopefully it won't be too expensive of a service.

What's DOS?
sky_a

i have the same problem except it just happened this morning.

and no matter what i do it won't charge.

my laptop was recently repaired due to my not usung a fan and i can't tell my mom that it's broken again.( she'd kill me!)

what should i do?

i'm good with software not hardware.

i don't know a thing about harware. plzzzzz help. 

Paper Tape
NightShade

The same thing happened to me (though I think I have a different modelI'm pretty good when it comes to stuff on the internet but i can be pretty clueless when it comes to the computer (especially the hardware)...... Currently all I know is 

that my laptop won't accept the charge, at all. Any help/advice would really b appreciated. :cathappy:

~ NightShade