Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
Floob

Z470 touch panel is muting/adjusting volume/changing onekey theater modes by itself

Occasionally, but moreso when my laptop is not on a desk, the touch panel buttons (mute, lower volume, raise volume, onekey theater mode, thermal management mode) will activate themselves without me having touched them. I have had this laptop for around 1-1.5 weeks now, and this problem is rather bothersome when listening to music, or playing a game.

Community Moderator
yigit

Re: Z470 touch panel is muting/adjusting volume/changing onekey theater modes by itself

have you tried to re-install power management and/or one key theater?

also, do not forget to check if you have the latest bios from the lenovo download page.

http://www.ki-themes.com
Paper Tape
Floob

Re: Z470 touch panel is muting/adjusting volume/changing onekey theater modes by itself

I bought my laptop in August of 2011, so everything is up to date. 

Is there some way to adjust the sensitivity of the panels? It seems to do that alot more when the laptop is on my lap versus on a desk.

Community Moderator
yigit

as i know, there's no such an option to adjust the sensitivity for the one key theater buttons.

Paper Tape
ryebee

I am experiencing this as well with my z470 ideapad. I tried searching for a solution over the internet but with no luck. I noticed that this behavior happens randomly, usually when the laptop's powered on for a long time (not sure if the laptop temperature has something to do with this). I bought my laptop 3months ago. Hope someone from Lenovo community could enlighten us. I just hope this is not a hardware issue.
What's DOS?
rbblue

I have exactly the same problem (lenovo z470 ideapad purchased august 2011). I use my laptop in a hot, humid environment, so it may well be related to heat or humidity.

No solution so far...

Community Moderator
yigit

@ all
can you check the download page if you have the latest drivers?

Paper Tape
Floob

To be honest, the only answer you have given to all of our posts regarding this SAME problem is to reinstall drivers. Unfortunately, the last time the drivers on the website were updated was ether 2 years ago, or in the power management case, 6 months ago. These are ALL BEFORE I BOUGHT MY COMPUTER. Furthermore, having reinstalled ALL related drivers, it does nothing to help.

Please, if you do not know the answer, try contacting someone higher up in Lenovo before we contact them ourselves, or start asking for refunds. This problem is absolutely infuriating whenever I am listening to music, browsing the web, or using the sound system at all. 

Thank you.

Community Moderator
yigit

if issue persists after a while, you can use windows restore. if issue persists since you get the laptop, it's better to contact lenovo support line.

ps:i don't work for lenovo. i'm just trying to help you all.

Paper Tape
Floob

Oh. I guess that explains alot of things. I'm sorry if I came off as rude. I'm just so very exasperated with this malfunction. I'll probably contact lenovo myself if the windows restore doesn't work. Thanks for what you've been doing. Do you know, perhaps, if any Lenovo people post on this forum?