Support in other languages: 
Community Moderator
yigit

Re: Z470 touch panel is muting/adjusting volume/changing onekey theater modes by itself

try windows restore first. if it doesn't work, i'll try to contact lenovo staffs.

http://www.ki-themes.com
Paper Tape
Floob

Re: Z470 touch panel is muting/adjusting volume/changing onekey theater modes by itself

Nothing is working. I've tried multiple things, I know that this is a problem with multiple users of the same computer. Could you contact Lenovo staffs and ask whether this is a software issue or hardware? I will also attempt to contact them myself.

Thanks.

Retired Employee
Serge1410

hey Floob,

sorry to hear on what had happen, for this it is hard to determine if its a hardware or software issue.

i would like to know, do you still have the same issue if you remove power management and one key theater ? If you do then its most likely to be a hardware issue.

however, if the issue lies only when you have the above software installed; then its a software issue.

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.
Paper Tape
ryebee

One more thing. I observed that this only happens when my laptop is plugged in. The mute/unmute problem stops after unplugging the laptop. Probably a Lenovo Energy Management issue.

Paper Tape
Floob

Alright, I will attempt removing those two programs, if I will report back if I have that issue.

However, if it does turn out to be a software issue, what would you suggest I do about it, as those two features, while not neccesary, are one of the many reasons why I bought the Z470

Paper Tape
Floob

[ Edited ]

Hi again,

I have uninstalled both power management and one key theater.

However, the problem still exists, although mainly it just keeps muting itself.

I have no clue what is causing the problem, is there some way to deactivate the touch panel altogether?

Thanks.

What's DOS?
nalpha

I face a same problem too.. so pity.. the touch panel activated without any touch. the sound is going to turn off, and turn on every second.

What's DOS?
tamerico

hi guys,

my laptop z470 has the same problem.

I will send to warranty this week.

when I work without the energy cable supply all works perfect.

when I plug the laptop into energy and put my hands in the "case surrounding the keyboard" (metal part nearby the keyboard) the problems with touch panel begins. (mute, increase, decrease sound, changing economy energy way, cooler, theater, etc)

If I raise my hands (taking your hands off the keyboard), the problem disappear.

the problems only occurs when I touch the laptop case.

my solution is to use an external mouse and keyboard. But sometimes I need to work directly into laptop keyboard.

the problem, I think is  a "bad electric contact". Restore Windows or desactivate power management software do not solve the problem

I made a movie and posted on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDQ914lNhzI

or search ledoidoz470 on youtube.

thanks for any reply

Token Ring
len0v0

A nice BBB or FTC report goes a long way in receiving support. Anyhow, it is a hardware issue. The slightest static electricity activates the buttons. This is especially evident if you have the laptop on your legs. Since the mainboard is so sensitive, it is activated by the top and bottom of the computer. So if the laptop is on your lap, you will probably experience this problem. Unfortunately, having it plugged in escalate the problem due to the increase of static electricity. Also, if you uninstall the EM software, all buttons but the volume buttons (that are native to Window's protocols will be disabled) will be disabled. This means that you will only experience the issue with the sound buttons only and not the 1KT or Fan. Since this issue is across all Ideapad laptops, it cost too much to do a recall. Take this as a learning experience my friends.