Support in other languages: 
Ctrl-Alt-Del
rob888

Re: z560 freezing

Posting from my old laptop.

The z560 now freezes after every boot. Takes 0-2 mins.

Saw log error - nvidia probe 01:00:0 failed

Think its a bad connection to nvidia card.

My issue now is warranty repair, see prior posts.

Lenovo should repair it under warranty.

Ctrl-Alt-Del
rob888

The warranty period should be 1 year.

Why is Lenovo showing it expired after 3 months ?

Community Moderator
zoltanthegypsy

[ Edited ]

Was this unit purchased direct from Lenovo, or from some other retailer?

The Lenovo warranties start with date of manufacture. (don't panic, that's the default date - it can be changed)  Usually Lenovo direct units are shipped to the customer pretty close to that date.  Machines that sit in a retialer's inventory can have some - or most - of that default warranty expire.  I've had that experience several times.

Either way (direct or retialer) you should be able to call support and provide them with a proof-of-purchase and have that warranty expiration date corrected.  This doesn't always go smoothly, so hang onto your sense of humor...

There is also sometimes a difference between the expiration date in Lenovo's internal records and the online checker.  Been there, got the T-shirt...

[edit] Speaking of experience in the US.  Maybe things are different in OZ...

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored. ... GeezBlog

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

Retired Employee
Serge1410

hey rob888,

could you pm to me the following details

Name:
Mobile:
Email:
MTM [machine type model]:

(To locate MTM - http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/FindProductNumber.page#find)

Serial Number (S/N):
Date of Purchase:
Case/Order Number : (if any)

Screenshot of Receipt : (upload it to a hosting site and paste the link here)

Screenshot of Error (if applicable) : (upload it to a hosting site and paste the link here)

Location of unit : Home / Repair Center (delete where appropriate)

Description of issue :

Troubleshooting Taken : (if any)

What You would like us to do :

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.
Ctrl-Alt-Del
rob888

Now changed to 1 year warranty.

Booked repair. Transport box has gone missing.

Repair centre computer crash, ring back in 4 days.

Now think its the embedded controller.

Its a freeze, a screenshot will not help.

Load bios defaults

win7 safe mode stable

reboot to win7, freeze after 1 min

reboot to safe mode, freeze after 1 min

recycle the above

Paper Tape
Manoj_M

Re: Z560 BIOS

had a bios problem in "Lenovo z560" after the update, even I tried so many things,,,, but didn't work. Then I just went to the bios menu and changed something like in "Configuration - (menu), SATA Controller Mode - Compatible" , I just got my laptop to work after doing this.

Before doing this I just went through all the web over the night and couldn't find any solutions for my problem with the laptop. It was a nightmare to me. i even tried so many live cds to get it to work , but nothing seems to work. And then with no hope I just changed the menu in the bios screen just like I had told above , wow my laptop worked.....!!!!!

Warning!!!!! Dont try to update any kind bios in any laptops or desktop downloading from the net. Only update from the CDs provided with your PC or Laptops.

Ctrl-Alt-Del
rob888

My z560 needed a new M/B.

If you have AHCI SATA issues, maybe faulty HDD.

Paper Tape
Deepscorn

With latest BIOS (with fixed "cooler fan runs at full speed after sleep") I had a problem when my cooler is turned to non-automatic. It just keeps warming up and turning off. Only in cooler automatic mode I can keep working under my notebook. And I had a feeling, that it's temperature is higher, that before the BIOS update.

So, the question is: Have you tried turning on automatic cooler mode (sensor button light on)? I ran AIDA 64 stress test with it turned on and off. When 'off' the notebook turns off, freezes or reboots. When 'on' notebook works. But, as I said, I have a feeling, that tempereture now is higher than it was before EC upgrade (60 HDD, 76 CPU, ~37-50 motherboard)