Support in other languages: 
What's DOS?
rumit

Z560 battery runtime

I got a new Z560, on a full 100% charge it hardly runs over 55 min while just surfing the net with no media player or skype. I need to work it a bit longer, is it a flaw with my battery, and i am expected to take it as it is or is it that ways for all the Z560's..? Please Help.

Community Moderator
yigit

Re: Z560 battery runtime

there's something wrong with your battery. contact lenovo support and ask for replacement.

http://www.ki-themes.com
What's DOS?
mohanpatil

Lenovo Z560 battery charging

I have bought Lenovo Z560 4 months back. while using it on battery when the battery goes below 50% then it suddenly drops down to 6% and in next min the system goes in sleep mode. please advise me on the issue.

Community Moderator
yigit

Re: Lenovo Z560 battery charging

@mohanpatil

possible dead battery, call lenovo support line and ask for replacement ( warranty will cover replacement )

Paper Tape
aravind121

Even I am facing the same problem.....but I've found the solution for this....first of all change the settings in lenovo energy management software to optimize battery runtime...

and after that completely charge ur battery to100%(do not stop at 99%, It takes some time)& it shows fully charged.

now disconnect the power and check for the problem....? magic the problem is solved............

the problem occurs because even if laptop shows that it is charged till 99% it does not....it completely charges itself till100%........

thanx for reading....:manhappy:

What's DOS?
krock

i had the same issue with my battery.  it went from %50 to %6.  I called lenovo and was able to get a replacement to be sent to me.  However they asked for my credit card for collateral.  Can anyone verify this cause it just sound a little off

Community Moderator
yigit

[ Edited ]

@ krock
when did you buy your computer? do you still have valid warranty?
they could ask your credit card information to pay shipping fee, by the way.

Retired Guru
Duck3

For battery reset on Z560, open Energy Management.
Click the small "sun" icon by question mark at bottom of window.
Click Battery Gauge Reset.
Post how it works.
Paper Tape
johnson20202000

please help

its more than a year i bought a lenovo z560 now , it was running fine until i realized that my battery was'nt actually charging ,when i unplug the AC adapter it goes off , and does not work ,if i want to ON the laptop again i need plug-in the AC adapeter, its really annoying coz every time we cant rely on power supply so please  can anyone tell me a solution for this , what should i do ?

Paper Tape
NamanaGopi

Hi even the same situation i am facing. All of a sudden the chanrging level goes to 6% and the system is going to hibernate. could you please sugget what are the action we need to do to get this reolved