Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
derobert

Z565 charging battery only when powered off

[ Edited ]

Hi, i have a problem with Z560. It works on battery well, it works on charger only too (battery taken off) but wont work normally with battery and charging plugged in. It will charge battery only when computer is powered off, when computer is on (windows 7 x64 is running) it will charge for few sec and then stop, charge, stop etc. It is software related for sure. I uninstalled lenovo power management driver and installed all windows 7 updates, but no change. Do you have a fix for that? Thanks.

802.11n
fiesta

Re: Z560 charging battery only when powered off

[ Edited ]

Hi derobert,

Im not sure which operating system your running, but follow this link to find energy power management drivers and a few hotfix drivers that may come in handy. I suggest you uninstall/reinstall the power management driver once more.

http://consumersupport.lenovo.com/gr/en/DriversDownLoads/APR_Driver_List.aspx?CategoryID=37684&OS=0

Try flushing out all static energy before proceeding, by removing battery and AC adaptor and holding down the power button for about 10-15 minutes.

Unit could possibly be preserving energy while in operation, due to default power saving mode.

Switch modes and test the results.

Good luck!

Paper Tape
derobert

Hi, i corrected my topic, it is Z565 and windows 7 x64. Anyway, i tried reinstalling power managment driver few times, no luck :smileysad: I had similar problem in Z560, uninstalling this driver was a key to fix it, but no luck in this case...

802.11n
fiesta

How about the settings in power management? battery could be set to be preserving energy.

Try switching settings!

Token Ring
BrownEye02

You might want to also try the reset battery meter in power managment.

802.11n
fiesta

A BIOS update might do the trick, here's your link:

http://consumersupport.lenovo.com/gr/en/DriversDownLoads/Drivers_Show_3842.html

Cleo_Lenovo
Topics: 78
Kudos: 247
Solutions: 136

Re: Z565 charging battery only when powered off

[ Edited ]

derobert,

Check if this knowledge base article helps?
Z570 - Battery plugged in but not charging status message

Regards,
Cleo 

WW Social Media
T61, T410, x240, Z500, Flex 14

Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español
Paper Tape
derobert

Re: Z565 charging battery only when powered off

Hi! Cause of problems was power ac adapter itself, it was to weak, probably not from this model - shop where i bought laptop changed adapter and it is good now! Thanks for help and sorry for bothering you with such stupid thing :-)