Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
Dyna_UK
Accepted Solution

Z570 : Plugged in but not charging status message

Hi

I have recently got a z570 laptop. I get the above status message "Plugged in but not charging"

What is the reason for this?

Is it an adapter issue or battery or some other setting change to enable this

I have tried both "Balanced" & "High Performance" option on the Power options but had no luck.

Can anyone give some clues on this issue as i beleive this must have been discussed before here??

Thanks

What's DOS?
Dyna_UK

Re: Z570 : Plugged in but not charging status message

Just forgot to add that the system is running on Windows 7 Home premium 64 bit version.
Community Moderator
yigit

try to remove/replace the battery first. also try this trick : remove the battery and ac power, press power button for 30-40 seconds, replace the battery and check if it works.

http://www.ki-themes.com
Ctrl-Alt-Del
xxorianna

Z570 Battery

I just recieved my Z570 in the mail today and I plugged it in and I was playing around with it for an hour. When I checked my battery status on the taskbar, it said "50% plugged in, not charging". I went to a local electronic support store and he said the battery is faulty. Do I need to send it back to Lenovo?

Ideapad z570 Windows 7 x64
Ctrl-Alt-Del
xxorianna

I am not the OP, but I used this and it worked! Thank you!

Ctrl-Alt-Del
xxorianna

Re: Z570 Battery

Never mind this post. I used someone's suggestion of taking out the batter and AC power, pressing the power button for 30-40 seconds and then putting the battery and AC power back on.
Paper Tape
Zev72

The power management was set to optimize for battery health. When the AC is plugged in, the battery will drain to 50 percent and will be locked there. This option is meant for those who leave the laptop at home and don't want to kill the battery's lifespan by having it charged at 99 percent all the time. 

Blue Screen Again
mbmoran

I have a different model but I experienced the same thing after optimizing my laptop for desktop usage where I would be plugged in most of the time.  I verified that once the battery level drops below 50% the indicator says, "plugged in, charging."

Should I allow the batter to fully discharge before plugging it back in and recharging?  Please advise.

What's DOS?
colleaguesdude

thanks dude,it helped me..

Fanfold Paper
mms16

Awesome, that was exactly it. I appreicate the answer...