Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
Michelangelo

Z570 will not shutdown

Hello, I hope I posted this in the correct section, I haven't found wher to change my language options so everything is in German.

I got my z570 two months ago and it's been working great. But recently I noticed that when I Start -> Shutdown it does everything normally, the display turns off, but the fan stays on, as well as the light for the power button and the touch keys at the top. This also happens when I tell my z570 to hibernate and I can't wake it up, because it's still 'shutting down'.

The only way to get around this is by pressing the power button for 5 secs and then rebooting.

I have looked through lots of threads on this site, but haven't found a solution. I'm no PC expert, if there are any details you need, please ask and I'll try and provide them.

thanks.

andyP
Topics: 161
Kudos: 713
Solutions: 635

Re: Z570 will not shutdown

Hi Michelangelo, welcome to the forum,

I've fixed the language problem for you, should all be in English now.

As you don't state whether or not you've already tried it I'd suggest you start with reinstalling the Power Management driver from this site to see if it helps.

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you.

Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

PepperonI blog 

Fanfold Paper
Michelangelo

Reinstalled it, rebooted, but the problem still remains.

Also all the touchkeys except the mute key had stopped working,as well as the Fn + arrow key combinations, which I noticed as I was downloading the Power Management driver, but now are working fine.

Fanfold Paper
Michelangelo

any kind of help would be really welcome. :smileyhappy:

Guru
PeterTWJ

Hi Michelangelo

How about updating the BIOS with a newer version?

Have a nice day! :smileytongue::smileyhappy::smileyvery-happy:

Peter

W520 (4284-A99)

Does someone’s post help you? Give them kudos as a reward, as they will do better to improve | Mark it as solved if the solution works for you, so it could be reference for others in the future

=====================================

Sound Enthusiast and Enhancement (Post comments, share mixes, etc.)

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/General-Discussion/Dol​by-Home-Theater-v4-for-most-Lenovo-Laptops/td-p/6...

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/IdeaPad-Slate-Tablets/​IdeaPad-Tablet-Sound-Enhancement-Thread/td-p/715

Fanfold Paper
Michelangelo

I've read that updating the bios solves the issue I'm having just to create other problems with the WiFi. Is this the case?

Guru
PeterTWJ

Shouldn't be, also try updating your wireless card driver and Intel Chipset driver.

Have a nice day! :smileytongue::smileyhappy::smileyvery-happy:

Peter

W520 (4284-A99)

Does someone’s post help you? Give them kudos as a reward, as they will do better to improve | Mark it as solved if the solution works for you, so it could be reference for others in the future

=====================================

Sound Enthusiast and Enhancement (Post comments, share mixes, etc.)

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/General-Discussion/Dol​by-Home-Theater-v4-for-most-Lenovo-Laptops/td-p/6...

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/IdeaPad-Slate-Tablets/​IdeaPad-Tablet-Sound-Enhancement-Thread/td-p/715

Punch Card
filipemello

Dear All,

I am facing the same issue in my Z570.

Everytime that the system is shutting down, open softwares are closed, windows is closed, screen is turned off, but the power button and cpu cooler remain turned on.

I tried everything. Reinstalled the OS, upgraded all the softwares and bios but the problem remains.

I saw that some other people are facing the same problems, but nothing that was proposed seemed to fix it.

Any new ideas?

Cheers,

Filipe

What's DOS?
ayhamberlin

[ Edited ]

Hallo Everybody

I am also facing the same Problem.

Only the monitor is shutting down while the notebook is still running and I have to press the power button for some time to shut it down.

I was at the shop were I bougth it in Berlin and they said that they want to send it to Lenovo for repair because it is defenetly a hardware problem. The repair would take 4 weeks so I am still thinking about giving them the notebook for repair since I need it now for some important issues.

Do you have any suggestions?

Punch Card
filipemello

Dear All,

I spent the weekend trying a few options...nothing really worked.

1- Reinstall the original software

2- Install an new windows from DVD - without any Lenovo additional software

3- Update all the softwares and drivers

4- Unninstall the Energy Management software from Lenovo

Any new suggestions?

Cheers,

Filipe