05-17-2012 11:26 AM
Well, still trying to solve this Shutting down issue....
Reinstalled a clean RETAIL version of WINDOWS 7 x64, and I still have the same problem.
- When I shutting down, everything seems to be working, programs closing, windows shutting down, screen turning off... but the lights remain turned on and the fan still on.
- In windows safe mode, same thing, but it does not turn off the screen. It freezes on the "Shutting down..." screen.
Any new ideas?
Anybody from Lenovo followin this thread?
05-18-2012 08:09 PM
Well, while nobody from Lenovo dares to care, I am trying some more alternatives.
This time I tried reinstalling the system with the Lenovo Intel AHCI driver from Intel.
1 .Downloaded the driver at: http://consumersupport.lenovo.com/xe/en/DriversDow
2. Got the drivers directory on C:\Drivers\Intel AHCI driver\f6flpy-x64 in a pendrive
3. Start windows installation
4. When requesting for drivers, I pointed to the pendrive.
5. Intallation continued with the drivers.
6. Reboot after installation.
7. First time I try to shut down.... same thing.
Windows closes, screens turns off, but the power button and processor fan remain turned on. The system does not respond anymore and I need to force the shut down by holding the power button for a few seconds.
Does anybody have more ideas?
05-21-2012 01:54 AM
I have the same issue on my U300S. When the laptop goes to sleep when closing my lid it is a lottery as to whether it will wake or crash, forcing me to hold the power button down to reset the machine.
I have tried numerous things including full set of driver and bios updates from the Lenovo download site. I have tried removing and the Lenovo Power Management software. I have tried reinstalling the Lenovo POwer Management software. I have tried every power setting under the sun.
I cannot get anything to work. (
05-22-2012 03:13 AM - edited 05-22-2012 03:17 AM
i too have the İdeaPad Z570 as the above poster and i NEVER allow my lappy to go to sleep.
Too many people have reported problems with that.
So rather than trying this and that and having problems still,,
just DON'T let it go to sleep.
When i want to conserve energy,when my lappy is idle,
i simply dim the screen to the lowest level,
05-22-2012 03:24 AM - edited 05-22-2012 03:25 AM
Since you also mention that you close the lid,when the laptop goes to sleep,that's another thing i never do!
İ always shut it down at the end of the day,and let it rest.
05-23-2012 03:52 AM
This is all very well and good if you use your laptop in one place and it's on charge. I go from meeting to meeting and do not want to have to shutdown and restart everytime I move.
05-23-2012 04:06 AM
i can't say that i don't see your point.
However,what we don't want to do,is one thing,
what we do have to do......you get my point.
İdeally of course you shouldn't have to.
05-23-2012 04:11 AM