Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
RaphTMNT
Accepted Solution

Z575 1299 Screen not working

Hi All,

About a month ago I purchased a brand new IdeaPad Z575 1299 from TigerDirect. The machine has had no problems until the other day when I went to turn it on the screen would not turn on. It appears to be fully running, but the screen has no power at all -- not just dark but looks as if it has no light whatsoever. I plugged into an external monitor and that worked which makes me think my problem might have to do with the backlight or inverter.

I have tested both the Function + F2 and F3 which turn on/off the backlight and controls whether or not the laptop projects to an external display/projector/etc. to no avail. The machine was never dropped, has never gotten wet, etc. This started out of nowhere.

Anybody have any ideas on possible causes/solutions? Any help would be appreciated.

Community Moderator
yigit

Re: Z575 1299 Screen not working

hi raphtmnt

it sounds like graphic cards, lcd or inverter issue and due to its' hardware issue, to fix it i suggest you to contact lenovo support line.

http://www.ki-themes.com
Retired Guru
Duck3

[ Edited ]

I agree, contact support.

My guess, either backlight failed, or lcd cable has come loose,

at back of panel or at motherboard connection.

Cable most likely cause.

(And there is no inverter on LED back lit screens.)

What's DOS?
RaphTMNT

Thank you both for the replies. I have heard not so great things about Lenovo customer support. Any recommendations on which number(s) to contact? I see a few options listed for support.

Thanks again much appreciated.

What's DOS?
RaphTMNT

So I called support and I am sending my machine for service, but here is what I am intensely curious about. The screen works intermittently -- sometimes I turn the machine on and it is fine, other times the screen is completely black with seemingly no power/lighting. It is not the projection or LCD power options via the F2 and F3 keys as those do not resolve the problem.

I am sure support will take care of it, but does anyone know what might cause a screen to work at some points and not at others?

Community Moderator
yigit

could be loose cable.

http://www.ki-themes.com