Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
ackack4

Z575 Battlefield 3 Crossfire

Hello, whenever I play BF3 (only game I've tried) I get much better performance in single GPU mode with the 6650 than I do with Crossfire.  Is there a fix for this?  I have the latest drivers from Lenovo.  I'm just trying to play on the lowest settings possible to achieve greater FPS. I get an average of 35 FPS, occasionally dipping below the 30s, which becomes very unpleasant.   I would normally be playing on my desktop but I can't have that with me on deployment.  Thank you.

Paper Tape
ackack4

Re: Z575 Battlefield 3 Crossfire

I'm sure it's irrelevant what game I play, but I get worse performance in Crossfire than I do using the single 6650.  Can anybody help?  Thanks.

Serial Port
Primenay13

Same here! I wish someone would reply when I post on here these forums are like dead lol.

Serial Port
Primenay13

I have just been using the 6650 and turning off crossfire. My guess is that this is mainly for video rendering. The slower onboard apu slows down the dedicated graphics.

Paper Tape
ackack4

Same here...
Fanfold Paper
jlaux42

I've found that Battlefield 3 works pretty well with just the 6650M as well.  With Crossfire enabled, frame rate performance might have been better at times, but often there was lots of jerky screen corruption and artifacts.  It would be nice if we could update the drivers from AMD without losing functionality.

802.11n
velenoso666

Primenay13 wrote:

Same here! I wish someone would reply when I post on here these forums are like dead lol.

I wish some wouldn't bring a knife to a gun fight,or in other works, it's hard to get a good performance from the Z575, the Y570 just plays BF3 ok. If one intends playing such games one shouldn't buy a machine that just meets minimum requirements then wonder why.

Paper Tape
ackack4

Well, the z575 plays BF3 great on the low preset with a constant 35-40fps at its native screen res.  This is all I want really, to be playable.  But why have crossfire if the performance is less?  It has to be a driver issue right?  I'm more than content having a 500$ laptop that plays bf3 with good frames.  Thats all I need it for considering I have a very high end desktop waiting for me back home, this is just temporary.  It just bugs me having the ability to crossfire, but get worse performance.  Whats the point?