Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Core Memory
samsungu6000
Accepted Solution

Z575-freezing

y have a Lenovo IdeaPad Z575AM 59-3166662Y with quad cpu and dual graphics-an integrated 6520g gpu and a dedicated 6650gpu.y have read all sorts of forums from ati and asus and lenovo and didnt find the same problem y have:from begging y say that setting in bios to use only the uma gpu everything works perfectly,but when set in bios to dynamic and in ati panel to dual graphics mode or even in disabled mode and y have to choose wich programs use wich graphic,there apear all sorts of problems like any movie ewith every player y try to play it gets stuckfreezez,not responding and nothing works y have to restart from the power buttonof the laptop,same thing happens when y try to play a video on youtube,or simply run a program...it freezez.y have all the latest drivers and bios version for all my components from official sites.y cant play a game in dinamic mode with either of the graphics even if y set in ati panel to high performance or power saving the executable of the game.it evens gets stuck when y try to set some settings is ati panel in colors high peformance graphics...many proffesional programs like aida64,everest,cpu-z sees my both graphics but the primary graphic is always the integrated one even in ati hardware panel.can anyone please help me??y really waited for some new drivers maybe maybe,but nothing good.

Retired Guru
Duck3

Re: Z575-freezing

You said:
"have all the latest drivers and bios version for all my components from official sites"

You should use the graphics drivers from Lenovo site.
Others can cause problems.
Core Memory
samsungu6000

yes,they are from lenovo site
Retired Guru
Duck3

OK, keep searching the site for Z575 problems, and I will
keep an eye out for possible solutions also.
Core Memory
samsungu6000

thank you very much,you are a good man.y hope to hear from you soon,with good news :smileyhappy:
Core Memory
samsungu6000

the problem was that y needed to change the enableulps to 0 in regedit.everything works great now!!!!
Retired Guru
Duck3

Well I would not have found that!

Great tip for users/gamers with the AMD/Intel graphics.
Ctrl-Alt-Del
epuylon

How do you do this exactly?

would this work for the y570?

Core Memory
samsungu6000

you must use run-regedit-search for enableulps when you find it modify 1 to 0 and restart your pc.what it does is not letting windows registry to stop your gpu when its not used so it can consume less energy and beacuse of the new generation components the programs dont know wich gpu should use the energy saving or the high performance one(unless you specificaly direct-y mean in ati panel wich gpu uses the executabile but only temporary beacuse after restart is bcak again,need new driver from ati t memorize wich keys definition you make).these is a tweek because windows 7 when it was out there werent the new generations of todays gpu 32nm and procesors wich consumes small amount of energy for long lasting surfing not gaming specialy. you must be very carrefully with your pc because it consumes your battery more quickly but improves your performance like hell.basically it enables full throttle for your dedicated gpu,but ONLY FOR THOSE THAT HAVE 2 GPU'S,it doesn't matter if it is nvidia or ati.y hope that helps....
Core Memory
samsungu6000

only for those with crossfire x or dual graphics modes.it is only for those who have problems using that mode in games or other executables!!!!!!!y hove there will be new drivers in the future to resolve this problem and especially in the new win8