Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Core Memory
samsungu6000
Accepted Solution

Z575-question

y have a lenovo z575 with a6-3400 with an integrated ati 6520g and a ati 6650m dedicated card 1024ddr3.y have seen a lots of review from rusia,italy,etc for this model of laptop and also tested by my self with gpu-z,aida64,everest,etc. and all of them lists that the ati 6650m is on a 32bits bus and the ati 6520g on 64bits.on notebookcheck and on other professional sites is listed that the dedicated ati6650m is on a 128 bits bus???plus when you see system info in catalyst center it lists a gpu series 6600&6700(not concrete 6650) and in crossfire not 6720g2.one more thing:y only could play the new batman game,latest ati drivers 12.1 with the integrated gpu.with the dedicated gpu high performance setting it didnt even start and in crossfire mode it started but it had a lot of stuttering on low settings...y have the latest drivers for all the components and the last software versions-win 7 sp1.please help

Community Moderator
yigit

Re: Z575-question

as i understand, you are having trouble with graphic card while playing games? issue persists on both battery mode or ac power mode?

http://www.ki-themes.com
Core Memory
samsungu6000

on ac power.but not this is the problem,the thing is y dont understand why the dedicated ati 6650m is on 32bits bus on the system and not on 128bits bus as it is listed on notebookcheck.if this is true the performance is realy bad for a dedicated card;or it may be a catalyst issue that it doesnt recognize corectly the card or it needs an update bios for gpu by amd.the same thing is also on asus k53ta same configuration...

Core Memory
samsungu6000

http://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Radeon-HD-6650M.43962.0.html  -as shown on 128bits bus

http://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Radeon-HD-6720G2.57274.0.html    -is doesnt show 6720g2 in crossfire mode,but only 6520g

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-Asus-K53TA-SX026V-Fusion-Notebook.62849.0.html ---the ati 6650m is on 32bits,as shown on my lenovo z575 gpuz,aida64 and everest

Community Moderator
yigit

can you tell us which version of windows you have, 32 bit or 64 bit?

http://www.ki-themes.com
Community Moderator
zoltanthegypsy

I'm not much on graphics, but are you confusing system bus with dedicated memory bus width?

AFAICS, system bus refers to PCI or PCIe bus, and the memory width (128 bits for example) is the width of the connection between the graphics chip and its dedicated memory.  The graphics logic needs both connections.

Just asking,

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored. ... GeezBlog

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

Core Memory
samsungu6000

y have win 7 sp1 x64.y only dont understand why it says 32 bits bus on my system and normaly it should be 128 bits.y have dual kit(4x2) ddr 3 1333mhz corsair,in crossfire mode it shoes aprox. 1534mb dedicated and 5183 with shared memory.
Core Memory
samsungu6000

the problem was that y needed to change the enableulps to 0 in regedit.everything works great now!!!!
What's DOS?
elementu

Hello,

In the end, does the z575 have crossfire or not. i have been reading a lot and some people say that the video cards function only one at a time. So when more chalenging task are required the discrete card is used and when not the integrated one.

Someone in another thread said that :

"

I wish someone found a way to mod AMD's official drivers to work with Z575. The ability to use CAP profiles is crucial to me, not to mention that in 12.1 there's an option to force a known profile to an unknown app, which might make it use Crossfire and speed things up. Give me my Crossfire in Assassin's Creed: Revelations! :smileysad:

"

This is the forum thread i was talking about :

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/IdeaPad-Y-U-V-and-Z-series/Z575-freezing/td-p/645957/page/2

I would really like this laptop to have crossfire and the both video cards to be used at the same time.

So doest it support crossfire or not?

Can someone please tell me.

Thank you.

Fanfold Paper
Toff

[ Edited ]

Z575 does support Crossfire (or Dual Graphics), but from what I could understand by default (without installing Catalyst Application Profiles) it only works for DX10 and DX11 applications (as the official website claims):

Q5: Why doesn’t my DirectX® 9 game look better on AMD Radeon™ Dual Graphics?

A5: AMD Radeon™ Dual Graphics was designed only for the latest DirectX® levels to allow AMD to focus resources on providing an optimal user experience on the latest graphics technologies. AMD encourages users to take advantage of these and numerous other innovations that have come to market recently by upgrading system hardware.

AMD Radeon™ HD 6000 Series graphics, found in both AMD A-Series APUs and discrete video cards, are designed to deliver the best possible DirectX® 11 experience. As such, the dual graphics performance increase is applicable to select DirectX® 11 & DirectX® 10 enabled applications. For DirectX® 9 applications, the combined performance will be disabled and the fastest graphics engine will perform those tasks; however, users will still experience the speed and performance of AMD Radeon™ graphics.

In order to monitor the graphics card utilization you can use AMD System Monitor. With this tool I could confirm that, for instance, Unigine Heaven Benchmark uses Dual Graphics in DX11 and DX10 modes and only uses a single card in DX9 mode with Lenovo drivers, as it should. I could also confirm that Assassin's Creed: Revelations (DX9) only uses one card with Lenovo drivers, gives black screen after installing CAP on Lenovo drivers, however it actually uses Dual Graphics with AMD official drivers w/ CAP installed.

So in order for DX9 games to use Dual Graphics and also in order to get some speedups and fix glitches when using Dual Graphics one has to install Catalyst Application Profiles (which don't work properly with Lenovo drivers). Of course, there has to be a pre-made profile for a game, unless you use Catalyst 12.1 which made it possible to force a preinstalled Crossfire profile to a game which doesn't have one giving users a chance that it may work in Dual Graphics mode if proper profile is applied to it.

AMD official drivers can't switch off Lenovo's 6650M properly, so the system hangs when using discrete graphics unless you disable ULPS which keeps 6650M always on. With Lenovo drivers the card switches off properly, but CAP don't work properly with these drivers (so no Dual Graphics in DX9).

That's why I wish either Lenovo made their drivers compatible with CAP or for someone to learn how to mod official drivers to disable/enable 6650M properly.