Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
FlamExx
Accepted Solution

Z580 nvidia driver

Hi, i get new notebook Lenovo ideapad z580a today and i started to look for new graphic drivers for nvidia geforce 630m, actual driver version i have in laptop is 295.93 but latest version is 301.42. Drivers from nvidia web dont work and when i download driver from lenovo web installation doesnt work too, i have czech version of OS but in english it says something like "file or directory name or volume label is incorrect" and then two aditional errors.

Is problem in my laptop or what is the solution of this problem?

Thx for fast response :smileyhappy:

Punch Card
najodleglejszy

Re: Z580 nvidia driver

I've got the very same problem. I'd love to get some solution.
WWAN
OKR-MAN

Hi FlamExx ,

Is your machine freedos, If it is , you should have drivers CD/DVD which comes with PC. Please try to install OEM driver from the CD/DVD. Please kindly check if you have drivers folder within D partition. If so go to drivers folder and inside please refer to NvidiaVGA  folder. Do let us know , if you have any quesions.

Thanks

Punch Card
najodleglejszy

but installing the drivers from the DVD (if one has got it, as I didn't get any DVD) or from the Drivers folder on HDD won't provide the most up-to-date drivers for the graphic card. with my Y550 there wasn't any problem with downloading the drivers from the nVidia site, and now I encounter the same error as OP.

WWAN
OKR-MAN

[ Edited ]

Hi, 

I strongly advice not to use latest drivers.Please use OEM drivers becuase Nvidia release drivers earlier then PC manufacturer so the drivers which is not customized by vendor can create compatibility issue. I am not saying that do not use latest driver but it can create compatibility issue and error. There is missunderstanding here latest driver doesn't mean that it will not create problem. Always stay with OEM drivers and follow  Support site for driver update and Always remember that there is no  warranty for softwares all over the world however there is support always.Please,  kindly wait for my next response for the driver link.You can also refer to Nvidia Advanced Serach : http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx

Thanks 

Punch Card
najodleglejszy

the Nvidia Advanced Search won't do, as it only finds the aforesaid latest driver (and 2 betas, which can cause more problems than WHQL release).
Punch Card
najodleglejszy

anyway, I somehow can't imagine how the certified driver frome the hardware producer could do some damage to the hardware it was designed for.

WWAN
OKR-MAN

Please refer to links below 

XP you can only use HD graphics if you install XP 

Graphics (1)

Number  Driver nameVersionSizeDate ofFile Download

Intel graphics driver

6.14.10.5 ...18.33 M12-05-23  Add  / Download 

Windows 7 

64 Bit System : 

Graphics (2)

Intel graphics driver

8.15.10.2 ...122.68 M12-03-29  Add  / Download 

Nvidia graphics card driver

8.17.12.9 ...191.88 M12-03-29  Add  / Download 

32 Bit System:

Graphics (2)

Intel graphics driver

8.15.10.2 ...94.47 M12-03-29  Add  / Download 

Nvidia graphics card driver

8.17.12.9 ...147.59 M12-03-29  Add  / Download 

Punch Card
najodleglejszy

OKR-MAN, you provided the link for the driver version that both OP and I are currently using (295.93). since we wanted to install 301.42 WHQL certified version, which improves performance, it's hardly a solution, isn't it?
what's the point of putting graphics card in the computer if the user can't update the drivers that are certified by the manufacturer of the card?
WWAN
OKR-MAN

[ Edited ]

Hi, 

I strongly advice to use Lenovo Provided Drivers , If you have problem with them I mean if you see bug then it is different issue. If the driver is working, I strongly advice to stay with that. But I am not saying do not use latest version of the driver from the Nvidia site. However you might face problem like BSOD or exclamation mark on device manager etc....

Every manufacturer has different configuration of the machine ,drivers customized by the each  manufacturer  ,  please compare  the  folders of the driver which you downloaded from nvidia and  downloaded from lenovo support you will see even the folder structure is different and different number of dll files inside  same type of folders. This means clearly drivers are modified.  Finally , I am not saying that do not use latest driver but you may have an issue.

Thanks