Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Blue Screen Again
wicked_mann

bios updating makes computer unusable

hello,i recently(5 days ago) equiped an Y560 20038 (8 or B not sure) and i have downloaded BIOS update via official site

well,after reading instructions,and making proper actions before flasing i have extracted the downloaded archive,and runned the flashing ulity process wich has caused the 20 minutes respond blocking at "veryfing block 71" status display,since ideaPad stoped responding i had no other way to restart a computer besides unpluging a power jack and removing a battery...since then computer wouldnt boot,not showing lenovo logo,dosent even starts the lighting of lcd panel,just powers up and runs slidenav led's and runs a proc. heatsink..... damm'n paid 800euro for now non-working unit..... i'll call tomorow store where i buy y560 and ask what to do...i hardly recommend that bios upgrade must be done in they service centre,because if that occurs to service perssonel they have a problem,in this case-i have a (800e) BIG problem...i hope that service waranty covers that and i hope that they will not publish an product-braking BIOS on official site...othervise i will visit an local lenovo dealer with an baseball bat.......after loosing nervs on finding ATI driver(cause link on they tage is broken) and (still dont get worked) webcam...now this happens....**ck camera....i wont my win7 x64 and data back......

Retired Employee
JameZ

Re: bios updating makes computer unusable

@wicked_mann,

We have not heard that the BIOS 71 had brick any Y560 so far... We are currently discussing about the BIOS 71 causing issues with the Lenovo Energy Power Management.

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/IdeaPad-Y-U-B-V-and-Z-series/New-discussion-Y560-display-issues/td-p/311...

Did you reboot your laptop before flashing the BIOS?

//JameZ

Check out the Community Knowledge Base for hints and tips.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

W520 | 4176-38U | i7 - 2720QM | Quardo 1000M | 8GB RAM | 60GB OCZ Agility 3

Blue Screen Again
wicked_mann

yes...i did cold boot the x64 os..no programs running...i folowed all instructions step by step...and got this problem....i called a local store wich sent me to contact a service center....i will take the Pad to them...i hope that they will resolve a problem under a warranty...othervise i dont know what to do......i didnt pay first rent payment yet and have a breaked laptop......

Community Moderator
yigit

http://forum.lenovo.com/t5/IdeaPad-Y-U-B-V-and-Z-series/Lenovo-ideaPad-Y560-BIOS-Recovery/td-p/37791...

due to my absence, i may not reply your posts and/or personal messages

http://www.ki-themes.com
Blue Screen Again
wicked_mann

[ Edited ]

Thank you very much on help and big information...but i have fear about loosing an waranty if i do this process before...i just dont want waste (to me) big money...but if service dont want to repair computer free of charge ill definetly try this process...but im pretty sure about that this problem should be recovered under warranty..or im wrong?.....please sorry for my bad english....ill post further changes about this situation...big thanks for help and sharing a knowledge...

Community Moderator
yigit

warranty will cover it.

due to my absence, i may not reply your posts and/or personal messages

http://www.ki-themes.com