Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
Erwann

Re: how to disable boot jingle, and beep upon removal of power adapter, on U330

This is annoying jingle especially for meeting or university...
When the new bios is planned? Do you have an approximate date? :smileyhappy:
Thanks !
Fanfold Paper
booblik2009

The beeping sound on the AC plug/unplug is just horrible. It's just intimidating whenever you're in a public place that requires silence (classroom, library). The option should be in BIOS (at least it is on my other 2 PCs), but it's nowhere to be found.
Paper Tape
pleasehelp001

[ Edited ]

Please advise on how to disable the boot jingle on the U330.  It is causing undue embarrassment whenever I have to turn my system on or boot up from hybernation.  This is not acceptable in the ultra-quiet space that I need to work in everyday (Library). 

This thread should also be changed back to unsolved status.  A "solved" tag has been added and should be removed.  Though the AC power sound problem has been taken care of, the same is not true of the sound heard on boot up. As far as I can tell the boot jingle problem has not been addressed sufficiently.

Please help me turn those scowls I get from other people into more friendly facial expressions.

Thanks

Message Edited by pleasehelp001 on 10-22-2008 11:55 AM
Fanfold Paper
drinksoy

if you go to device manager and disable your sound card that should do the trick. since you use your u330 in a quiet setting you probably wont need sound altogether so disabling it will save you some batter as well.
Paper Tape
pleasehelp001

Thank you for your quick reply, drinksoy.  Unfortunately, your suggestion does not work as far as I can tell. 

I did try it though.  I disabled the Realtek High Definition Audio controller.  Upon a complete cold shutdown and booting the system back up, the jingle is still there. 

I did notice from this trial and error that a standard warm reboot does not appear to cause the boot jingle.  It only comes from a cold restart or boot up from hybernation from my experiences so far.

Any other thoughts?

Paper Tape
Erwann

Please, can you remove "Solved" ?

No solutions at this time :smileysad:

Paper Tape
Driveways

Has this been submitted to Lenovo support? I looked aroun...

[ Edited ]

Has this been submitted to Lenovo support?

I looked around the support section and only saw options for calling tech support, there didn't seem to be any option for filing an issue like this one.

And how hard can it for them to release a BIOS hotfix? I'd rather have this issue resolved now than wait for a larger update that potentially resolves other issues (battery life).

Message Edited by Driveways on 11-01-2008 02:22 PM
Fanfold Paper
santo23

Re: Has this been submitted to Lenovo support? I looked aroun...

I have a Y430 and would like to disable the annoying power-connect beep - without affecting the speaker volume or performance. Has a solution been identified to disable the power-connect beep issue?
Paper Tape
chipmunk

I have to say this even though this is my first post here. For all the 'brains' behind Lenovo, you would think that someone would have thought that this is unacceptable for quiet places. You have a small laptop, which is meant to be carried around and used where ever you are including very quiet places. How dumb is this?

I almost plunked down money to buy the U330 after talking to a sales rep today. Now, I am possibly going to lean towards something else because this is going to be a Christmas present for university use. No jingle allowed! This might make me wait for the new Dell 13".

If a moderator can post some progress, this will be most helpful.

Thanks. 

Fanfold Paper
laptopfever

Sadly they didn't think ahead of time, but since they didn't and still recognized the problem i guess all we cn do now is give them time to fix it. I know they will. Please fix for the Ideapad Y730 por favor.