Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
CiscoJay
Accepted Solution

how to update to new nvidia drivers Y570 GT555M

Hi,

I tried to download the most recent whql green drivers off nvidia and it does not recognize that I have a GT555M.  Is there a trick to getting these to install?

Thanks,

Jay

Paper Tape
qsr123

Re: how to update to new nvidia drivers Y570 GT555M

[ Edited ]

I experienced the same problem with my Y570. After much research on Nvidia forums I found out that answer is quite simple: GT 555M with optimus (shared Intel chip) technology is not supported with the latest Nvidia driver release. You can read this on Nvidia website before downloading the driver. We will just have to wait before they relese optimus compatible drivers.

Also if you have a graphic performance issues, make sure to switch on your GeForce 555M card by with the small switch located at the right-hand corner of your laptop.

Hope that helps.

Paper Tape
kevlar3d

Does anyone else get frequent BSOD caused by nvlddmkm.sys?

I have restored/recovered my y570 twice and upgraded to the latest drivers on the lenovo site however i still get these frequent blue screens.  They can be while gaming, web browsing, excel.  I am not able to reproduce the issue but as you can imagine it is certainly frustrating regardless of when it happens.

Obviously this is a nvidia issue (NVlddmkm.sys) and as stated by the previous post, i cannot update the drivers because optimus is not currently supported by nvidia's reference drivers.

Anyone have any suggestions?  Experiencing the same thing?

This doesnt happen frequent enough to make me think it is anything other than a software/driver issue.

Paper Tape
CiscoJay

[ Edited ]

Thanks a bunch for the confirmation. I'll keep an eye out for a driver update.

BTW, I do know about the graphic trigger at the front of the laptop, but after running a windows experience index test, I get

graphics: Desktop performance for Windows Aero:   5.9

gaming graphics:  3D business and gaming graphics performance:  6.7

is that on par with what you are getting with your GT555M?  (edit: I'm running the i7 2630QM @ 2 Ghz // 8GB ram)

Thanks,

Jay

Paper Tape
qsr123

[ Edited ]

No problem. Hope they going to release some compatible drivers soon.

Yes 5.9 is exactly what I get on the same system spec. as you have. Not sure about graphic performance as I didnt check that one out, but if its 6.7 out of total 7.9 it seems pretty good.

About the other question with the blue screen, not sure about that as it never happened on my computer. On the other hand I been using this computer only for few days now.

Community Moderator
yigit

i suggest you to use lenovo download page for drivers update.

http://www.ki-themes.com
Paper Tape
j_edii

just turn off the optimus switch and update your intel gpu driver then re-run the windows experience while the optimus is off also change in intel gpu control panel to performance before you run windows experience the 5.9 will be 6.3 but still the overall will be 5.9 because of the harddrive performance
Community Moderator
yigit

What's DOS?
Sp0Raw

Hello, I had sush a problem with my notebook lenovo Y570 CPU=2430M + Nvidia GT555, but i decided it with the removal of GPU Monitor gadget and update Nvidia Driver.

Paper Tape
vladis

Hi,

I have the same problem with BSOD because of nvlddmkm.sys on my y570.

Device manager returns an error for  NVIDIA GeForce GT 555M

Device status:

Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

Is there some solution on this please ?