Support in other languages: 
Blue Screen Again
venkatesh20

idea pad laptop not does not boot

Hi,
My ideapad is not booting. It shows the bios and and boot up options normally, but it does proceed to boot from harddisc or even from a boot cd. The bios is appearing and I can see in the bios that RAM, HDD, CD Drive are all detected. But instead of booting it just hangs with a white cursor in the left top.

I can see that the HDD light is glowing only when the system is powered on and the CD light is glowing, when I put a cd in. But when I try to boot from CD using a live ubuntu cd, the cd drive light is not glowing, i.e no signs of reading from the drive.

This appears to be wierd to me, I have 2 x 2048 RAMS and I tried removing both and tested with only one of them at a time. Still it wont boot. What could be the problem here? Could the bios have got corrupted? If yes is there any easy way to flash/reset the bios? or Am i missing something. Please help gurus..

Thanks,
venkatesh

tanujhanda
Topics: 3
Kudos: 80
Solutions: 65

Re: idea pad laptop not does not boot

Hello venkatesh20 and welcome to community,

As per the symptoms mentioned by you issue seems to be with hard disk.

Can you remove the hard disk and check if the laptop can be boot from live cd.

Best Regards,

Tanuj

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution".! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!