Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Blue Screen Again
bdmatthews

laptop is lost in a Lenovo repair depot

[ Edited ]

I think that the impossibility for customers to contact someone who can resolve a problem when one arises is something that I have personally never experienced on this scale. Currently, my laptop is lost in a Lenovo repair depot and no one has a clue where it is. I cannot speak to anyone who seems interested in finding out, despite a collective 13 hours spent on the phone. At the moment that I am writing this, I have been on hold for 77 minutes (and counting) waiting for a supervisor to explain why no one at Lenovo should go to the trouble to contact me once the machine is finally found. It seems that it is now MY responsibility as the consumer to track down my computer in a repair center from 1000 miles away. Either that or just trust that suddenly my machine will fall into competent hands. I have little faith in that happening given that Lenovo has dropped the ball at every turn thus far. I've never regretted any purchase as much as I regret having bought this Lenovo.

Moderator note; subject edited to reflect content

Retired Employee
Serge1410

Re: laptop is lost in a Lenovo repair depot

hey bdmatthews,

apologies on what had happen, could you pm to me the following details :

Name:
Mobile:
Email:
MTM [machine type model]:

( To locate MTM - http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/FindProductNumber.page#find )

Serial Number (S/N):
Date of Purchase:
Case/Order Number : (if any)

Screenshot of Error(if applicable) : (upload it to a hosting site and paste the link here)

Location of unit : Home / Repair Center (delete where appropriate)

Description of issue :

Troubleshooting Taken : (if any)

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.
Punch Card
mushtis

Wow what a company its better you fly down there and llok for it worth of your time and may be you can see how the great team bunch of ***'s of great company is working what a pain after spending hard earned money  you have to spend lot of time with some best i****t's in the world they have time to read the post's and delete it, its better they have time to resolve customer issues kudods.....

Administrator
Mark_Lenovo

bdmatthews,

Serge or I can help you track down the system.  I can assure you that you won't lose the system - Lenovo maintains responsibilty for the system while in transit and at the repair center.

Serge has provided a general template of information that can help us track down the system - your contact information will be helpful, and the case numbers and the model / serial are really key.

Apologies,

Mushtis,

I've sent you a PM and would ask that you review it.   We are here to help if you need help.

Thanks,

Mark

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
twitter @lenovoforums
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Punch Card
mushtis

Mark ,

Thanks for your concern, 

Blue Screen Again
bdmatthews

Try to remain objective. They've now made it right. It was a horrible ugly mess, but i did get good employees. Not all of them are bad.
Blue Screen Again
bdmatthews

Here's the update:

After speaking with an agent in Durham, I trusted her to act on my behalf and follow through with the search for my machine. It was found and repaired yesterday. It is currently awaiting FedEx pickup for its return.

For Mark and Serge: I appreciate your offers.  Had I known what calling tech support and customer care would be like, I would have come here right away. The only times that I encountered any empathy for my situation were the times that I spoke with sales in Durham or Thinkpad tech support in Atlanta. They couldn't help me because I bought an Ideapad, but they were still empathetic. Apathetic customer service agents (I encountered many during my many hours on the phone) were what5 angered me most. Accidents happen and people make mistakes. Attitude is something that can make more difference in customer service than anything else.

I now know the difference in support for an Ideapad versus Thinkpad. I'm selling the Ideapad because I refuse to deal with this again. I'm going to buy a Thinkpad, but I do think that Lenovo has a horrible business ethic if it denies its customers any recourse when things go wrong. It should not require using a forum like this. I should have been able to call a number or escalate beyond the same agents telling me that nothing is abnormal about the situation repeatedly.