Support in other languages: 
Blue Screen Again
rephunter

lenovo z575 touchpad issue

the touch pad on my laptop keeps becoming un responsive after an undetermined amount of time, making the laptop unusable a restart usually fixes the issue temporarily but then the same thing happens again, sometimes it only registers an input on the far right (the scroll area).  I have tried uninstalling the synaptics driver are reinstalling from the lenovo website and tried using a generic driver from the synaptics website, none of these have fixed the issue, i have had the laptop for about 2 months so its still under waranty, i notice that others are reporting very similar errors, if it cant be fixed surely the decent thing for lenovo to do is refund as its obviously a common error, other than that my laptop works fine but if you cant control the mouse it makes it a mute point, I am very disatisfied because this laptop is less than 2 months old i dont expect this sort of crap from a brand new laptop that i paid £400 for!!

Guru
ExJamJus

Re: lenovo z575 touchpad issue

@rephunter,

Try doing a One Key Recovery and restore the laptop to a factory state, if problem persist despite factory restore then contact support to get the hardware checked.
*Non Lenovo employee*
Retired Employee
NINE

hi rephunter,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Forum. I'm really sorry to hear about the issues you're facing with your machine as I knkow how frustrating it can be the machine does not work up to expectation. 

Based from what you've mentioned in your post, there is a posibility that it could be a Hardware issue. But at this point it is still early to confirm. I was just wondering if there was anything that you had installed prior to the issue arising?

As it is still early to determined the cause, one thing i would like to suggest is to unistall the touchpad drivers and once uninstalled to update the BIOS of your machine. you download the BIOS from the Link below. Once the Biios has been updated, only then update the Touchpad drivers.

Do let me know how it goes. I'll check further on your issue to see we can this rectified.

regards

Blue Screen Again
rephunter

hi and thanks for the fast reply, ive recently updated the bios and at the moment i dont have the touch pad driver installed, i uninstalled it and let windows install its own driver, the problem still persists which kinda tells me its not software related, at least not solely the touchpad synaptics driver, also it seems to intermittently be working and then not, sometimes it wont let me scroll to the left and also only registers un up and down movement it just depends on how it decides its gonna be moment to moment i forgot to mention in my original post that i have tried fiddling with the palm check and sensitivity settings numerous times with no luck, i will try installing the touchpad software now and let you know what happens

thanks again

Blue Screen Again
rephunter

ok so ive reinstalled the synaptics driver from lenovo, did and restart and like before it worked for 20 minutes and now its broken again only registering input from the far left scroll area the rest of the touchpad is unresponsive but it changes from moment to moment sometimes its working then a minute later its not, its basically been the same no matter which driver i use, as a laptop it makes an excellent paperweight because thats all its good for right now, and its been like this pretty much from day 1 at the start i was willing to give it the benefit of the doubt, i will post this as soon as i can get the mouse pointer to the post button, coincidentally im copyrighting a new a game called fight the pointer, you spend 20 minutes trying to get to the start button and then turn your laptop off lol

Retired Employee
NINE

hi rephunter,

Thank you for the feed back and response. From what you have I believe we narrow this down a Hardware issue. There is a possibility that the wires connecting to your touchpad is bracing against a component in the system creating the delay and jumpy effect on your machine. This will require you to open it up to check it out. 

But seeing that your machine is Very new I would suggest you to contact our service team and get them to check it out for you. As at the moment we have looked at all the posibilites and it appears to be pointing to the Hardware as the Culprit.

Do give our service centre a call, they will be able to assist you accordingly.

regards

What's DOS?
kenyasing

I, too, had this problem...and it started very suddenly.  After trying tons of stuff, ie; removing recently installed software, updating bios, uninstalling and reinstalling synaptic drivers.... nothing worked.  UNTIL, I remembered that I use two different AC adapters for my laptop.  I have one I use for my DJ gigs that stays in my DJ Box at all times.  Then, I have one that is always plugged in at home for use with my laptop strictly at home only.  The one that I use at home I had problems with when I first bought this computer used.  When trying to use it with my DJ equipment (amplifiers, etc) I noticed a very loud buzzing in the audio.  I finally figured out that it was the AC adapter that was causing the noise.  My other adapter that I use on my DJ gigs does not produce this buzzing.  Well, when I remembered this, I unplugged the "home" Ac Adapter I use, and VOILA, my touchad is working perfectly.  It's amazing what a faulty AC Adapter can do to the functionality of your laptop.  It even has a weird affect on using dual monitor support sometimes.  So do yourself a favor and buy a new AC Adapter on Ebay for about $7 - $10.  That may be all it is.  Otherwise, the Lenovo is MY favorite laptop thus far.  Good Luck!