Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Punch Card
Sp0rk1859

msata! Bigger or Smaller??

[ Edited ]

Hello all!

First time poster with a msata question. I purchased a y570-08623U, and mine did not come with a msata rapid drive configuration. i am considering upgrading and buying one. A few questions first tho,

1. With rapid drive since you cannot "see" the SSD" in windows is there a benefit to using a larger SSD??(i.e. is a 20gb intel SLD(super fast), as good or better than a slower, MLC but larger i.e. 60 or 120gb for the same price as the MUCH smaller Intel one??

2.  I know everybody's gonna jump and say, I can only install lenovo branded SSD's or whatever, but im not concerned about that...

3. Will i have to find somebody else with a y570 rapid drive version of the reinstall cd's or can i use my non rapid drive version? which actually has rapid drive installed but not activated? lol

-Sp0rk

tanujhanda
Topics: 3
Kudos: 80
Solutions: 65

Re: msata! Bigger or Smaller??

Hello Sp0rk1859 and welcome to community,

You can install the msata and then reinstall Operating System.

Please refer to the mentioned below web link to know about Operating System installation.

http://consumersupport.lenovo.com/in/en/HintsandTips/hints_show_12870415982811.html

Best Regards,

Tanuj

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution".! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Serial Port
madseason

Re: msata! Bigger or Smaller??

And as far as I know it have to be Intel SSD 310 PCI-e, as no other SSD will be recognized (BIOS whitelistening)
=============================================================================================
y460, i7 640m, 8GB 1066 CL-7, 80GB SSD Intel 310 pci-e + 500GB HDD WD, ATI 5650m + eGPU GTX 560 Ti 2GB GDDR5