Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Blue Screen Again
anstri

"bootmgr is missing" and OKR is not functioning

Hi,

I purchased a Lenovo Z570 (067815) model laptop yesterday (22.06.2011 which had Windows 7.0 pre-installed). It has 640 gb hdd of which the C drive had around 550 gb and the D drive had around 30 gb.

The service centre guy at the Vendor's location asked me to the following before starting to use it and installing any new application:

1. To prepare DVDs for the OKR.

2. Make copies of the "Application & Driver" folder from the D drive, both to C drive and to a dvd.

3. Delete partition of D drive

4. Shrink Partition of C drive. This made the C drive around 250 gb from the earlier 550 gb and freed 300 gb which was clubbed with the deleted partition (unallocated) of D drive.

5. Make a new NTFS partition of the free 330 gb.

I had to reboot the laptop after that. Unfortunately, I am not able to do so now and the message "Bootmgr is missing" message is coming. I am also trying to press the OKR key, but that is also not functioning.

Please advise as to what is to be done.

thanks

anshuman

Community Moderator
yigit

Re: "bootmgr is missing" and OKR is not functioning

it's because you made changes on volumes.when you do that, okr stops working.
if you have recovery discs, try to use it otherwise, ship it your laptop back to service to reset its harddisk to default or if you want, i can assist you to perform clean windows installation ( one key recover won't work )

http://www.ki-themes.com
Paper Tape
bha4347

Re: new disk partioning and one key recover feature

i purchased lenovo Z570 with no OS,I installed win 7 in the 13.3 gb c: partition.when I try to create backup using OKR in windows, it says "your system does not support that". My d partition is654.3 gb. nd default recovery path is created in d:\LENOVO\OKR\.........\default something like that. when I enter in OKR in turn off mode and press restore to initial backup,it says there is no initial backup available. PLease someone help .Should i retry installing windows in D: partition.
Community Moderator
yigit

Re: new disk partioning and one key recover feature

you installed the operation system to wrong volume. if you already have recovery discs, try to use them or shut down your computer press one key recover button to perform clean windows installation. if it doesn't work, call lenovo support line and ship your laptop back to service.

Paper Tape
justcheerful

Lenovo Y560 recovery DVD

Where can I find this DVD please help me.

Community Moderator
yigit

Re: Lenovo Y560 recovery DVD

@ justcheerful
you can burn recovery dvds, please, see the document below or you can buy recovery discs ( call lenovo support line )

http://consumersupport.lenovo.com/uk/en/HintsandTips/Hints_Count.aspx?ID=12747635932279

Paper Tape
mohit990

Similiar problem in ideapad z570...

Hi all...

I am a first time lenovo user and also am using the windows 7 for first time...(was working with xp and vista on my old laptop)..

I got this laptop with d benefits of having switchable graphics and lots omore....

Like others even i had the same problem.. i wanted a small C drive and large D drive so that if my C drive gets corrupted my data remains safe on D drive... as i hav important data which i cannot afford to loose..

Now the problem with me was :

1) I wanted to make separate partitions..so firstly i being unaware of OKR being a windows software (unlikely i had in mind of the norton ghost sort of software) i formatted my C drive as well as my D drive bt i kept my factory default drive and before formatting made 3 dvd's recovery set.

2) Then i created partitions with the windows 7 installation disc and tried running OKR as to my surprise i needed windows 7 installed. so i installed fresh copy of windows 7. And even den i tried OKR but it got me some error saying... " System partition has been restructred "

3) i was unable to install all drivers and had problem of physical dump.

3) Then on i reinstalled the windows 7..but then had a problem of shutting down.i.e my laptop wont shut down instead wud hang while shutting down..

6) With no oder option left i gave it bak to my vendor and paid him to reinstall the factory default windows.

Now i fear of doing any more experiments myself..but need a way out to make one extra partition of big size just for my data safety ..

If possible pls help me out through how can i can create extra partion as my vendor told me that if i wud make more partitions windows wont support it and that the factry windows wud be lost.. and that if i wud install fresh copy of windows i wud not get the advantage of switchable graphics and other components tat wud work in factory default windows.

I am too messed up so would be thankful to help me out...

Community Moderator
yigit

Re: Similiar problem in ideapad z570...

you can use one key recover dvds to perform clean windows installation. before, delete new volumes and extend to its original.

or you can use windows dvd to perform clean windows installation, use the dvd to format the hdd ( backup files on d volume to another hdd or dvd ).

as you know, okr will stop working if you make any changes on volumes. so, it's not possible to have small c volume and big d volume if you want to keep okr function.

Paper Tape
mohit990

Heyy Moderator thanks alot for your reply...

i have no prob if okr doesnt work..but wat is important is that the other components likewise i said before that the switchable graphics and all extra components , the vendor told me tat if i install windows other than that of the lenovo default those components wont be working..i jst fear of it...

And i tried installing the fresh copy of windows with the windows dvd but there occurs a problem of shutting down...tats why m not able to install that windows..it doesnt restart properly...

also if i install new windows would i be able to make small C drive and large D drive ???

thanks..

Community Moderator
yigit

if the clean installation doesn't go wrong, you'll be able to install softwares such as switchable graphics and others.
( if you know what you doing )

driver issue(s) may cause windows shutting down problems. check system logs for errors ( right click my computer > manage > event logs )

by the way, where did you install the drivers from? official lenovo site?

if you don't use okr, you can resize the volumes ( you can shrink the c volume so you can create new one )