Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
max291

Re: really, really need to restore my HDD

After much trial and error, my system end up like this

1) Installed Windows 7 Pro Trial on Drive D

2) Installed Ubuntu 8

3) Modified Grub boot loader to enable the laptop to boot into LENOVO_PART, apart from Windows 7

End up having 3 boot.

When I boot into the hidden partition, only a command prompt window opened. 

Using Ubuntu, i got the following info:

I found an "info.ini" file within the LENOVO_PART/OKRBackup/Factory hidden partition. I reckon this is what my original data understood by the working OKR. This is the content:

Spoiler

T12 layout=1

BootType=1

Disk count=2

Disk Part=1

MBR=MBR.okr

Success=1

{Boot}

Format=NTFS

Label=

Begin=2048

Total=409600

Used=65944

Image=Boot.okr

{OS}

Format=NTFS

Label=

Begin=411648

Total=884609024

Used=36300632

Image=OS.okr

{Service}

Format=NTFS

Label=LENOVO_PART

Begin=945829885

Total=30943280

Using DISKPART>List part from cmd in hidden partition; i got 4 partitions, with hidden lenovo on Partition 4.

So, would like to request help on what step should i do next, please include the command as i'm really a noob. I really need to restore my HDD to its initial state.

p/s: My factory backup DVD was destroyed in fire, so i don't have it anymore. The only option for me to get back my Licenced Win7 copy which rests in this HDD. 

Syatem: V360, 500GB SATA, 6GB DDR3

Community Moderator
yigit

Re: Desperately need a method to restore

hi max291

i was gonna suggest you to use one key recover button but due to changes have been made on the disk, i don't think it'll work.

at this point, you'll just need to order receovery disks ( lenovo will charge you ) or contact lenovo support line to reset your hdd its default. ( lenovo may charge you )

hope this helps.

due to my absence, i may not reply your posts and/or personal messages

http://www.ki-themes.com
Fanfold Paper
newworldinorder

Re: Desperately need a method to restore

[ Edited ]

If you can log into into Win 7, just use Onekey to restore. I installed Ubuntu by accident (yes, "by accident") and after Onekey restored, the bootloader (GRUB) for Ubuntu was gone.

What's DOS?
radhe_1

Disk Partition

[ Edited ]

Hi

I'm using lenevo Ideapad z560. I want to do disk partition for C Drive . How can I do it ?

I'm giving the details of my laptop below.

Lenevo IdeaPad Z560

Machine Type Mode : IdeaPadZ5600G370F53G500P7BW3b-IN(20060)

Machine Type No : 59045730

Machine Serial No : ****

serial numbers removed for your own protection 

Ctrl-Alt-Del
rob888

Re: Disk Partition

Have a z560, removed both D: OKR and Win7 recovery partitions.

First backup to DVD, win7 and OKR.

Download Ubuntu LiveCD - desktop install, press F12 to boot it.

Use ntfsresize on large filesystem C:, i cut it to half.

Reboot to Win7 and it should do some FS checks.

Note filesystem must not be bigger than partition size.

Use gparted to adjust the partitions.

Punch Card
sle3pingz

Lenovo IdeaPad Y570 Recovery

Lenovo , all user , i want ask , what's the different between lenovo one key recovery and using recovery disc , and which you prefer? One key recovery or using recovery disc?

Thanks

Fanfold Paper
max291

Re: really, really need to restore my HDD

Good news (for me). I got the whole thing going and managed to get my factory reset back. From what i found, i do not need to repartition exacly as original installation was. So, this gave me some freedom. For this we only need;

1) Windows OPK for WindowsPE

2) Full control over cmd.

3) i started with reformat the main partition big enough to copy the image file.

4) After this is done, i just copy the hidden partition into the new partition. Bear in mind, as simple as this sounds, i'ts really challanging. 

I've just made a blog to explain the steps involved in resetting the laptop. I dont think Lenovo community forum allows me to post looong discussion here. So, feel free to visit my blog; LePetiteLenovo. Good Luck!

_________________________________________________________________________________

Previous post on this issue;

Spoiler

After much trial and error, my system end up like this

1) Installed Windows 7 Pro Trial on Drive D

2) Installed Ubuntu 8

3) Modified Grub boot loader to enable the laptop to boot into LENOVO_PART, apart from Windows 7

End up having 3 boot.

When I boot into the hidden partition, only a command prompt window opened. 

Using Ubuntu, i got the following info:

I found an "info.ini" file within the LENOVO_PART/OKRBackup/Factory hidden partition. I reckon this is what my original data understood by the working OKR. This is the content:

Using DISKPART>List part from cmd in hidden partition; i got 4 partitions, with hidden lenovo on Partition 4.

So, would like to request help on what step should i do next, please include the command as i'm really a noob. I really need to restore my HDD to its initial state.

p/s: My factory backup DVD was destroyed in fire, so i don't have it anymore. The only option for me to get back my Licenced Win7 copy which rests in this HDD. 

Syatem: V360, 500GB SATA, 6GB DDR3

Community Moderator
yigit

Re: Lenovo IdeaPad Y570 Recovery

not much difference actually. disks may be safer if you cannot access your computer. one key recover is faster while installing the operation system.

due to my absence, i may not reply your posts and/or personal messages

http://www.ki-themes.com
Paper Tape
akshayvadnere

Partitioning hard drive

I just purchased z570 with i7 processor. I want to partition my hard drive as I currently have only c drive of 650 gb and another drive named "lenovo" of 29 gb. I tried shrinking the c drive from disk management but I got a error message that I can't create more than 4 drives. What should I do? I need a total of 3 partitions.

Fanfold Paper
malakay_088

OneKEY Recovery Problem "The program can not find the service partition. MLK

[ Edited ]

Hy, i have a problem with my Lenovo Y570: Onekey Recovery Problem

For first time i create a backup with my windows 7, now i tried function recovery with onekey but didn't work, because still say "The program can not find the service partition.This function is curently

unvaiable" http://imageshack.us/f/820/erorg.jpg/

How can i solve the problem?

In the Easus Partition Master, my partition look's that  >> http://imageshack.us/f/267/spatiupc.jpg/

And my backup created last day in D partition look's right that  >>>   http://imageshack.us/f/838/ihavebackup.jpg/

What can i do for resolve this problem? I mention that when i buy the Laptop Y570, OneKey Recovery, he work's, but last month ago , when i try partitioned the my hard disk with EASUS , i delete a important hidden partition 14.9GB, by mistake. Please help me,  this application OneKey Recovery is very important for me, because it's helpful and i using most of the times when i have a problem.