Support in other languages: 
Fanfold Paper
omgbloof

Re: new disk partioning and one key recover feature

z575, 2 weeks old. I've had this issue since I first bought it

The One key program keeps opening over and over and over. Its stops sometimes. Sometimes it doesn't

Can I uninstall One Key Recovery?

More specifically can I uninstall it without jeperdizing the fuction of my labtop? and can I re-install it without issues

Punch Card
lenovo_berk

DVD's are definitely recreate the same partitions (4 partitions) but it just recreate the partitions not resize them.
If you want to bring back the oem partition or the preloaded programs that coming with lenovo . you can use DVD's yes.

create and deny !!!
Paper Tape
sillylikeakid

Ok, first things first...I have a lenovo y570 ideapad. I am a novice. I have read maybe 100 of the posts in this community and have a better understanding, but still do not know how best to proceed.

Within weeks of getting the Lenovo, I had a problem, but successfully used the one key recovery button (I did not use 3 recovery dvds made about a week after getting it.)

I wanted to add a partition to store data...mostly music (mostly from CDs downloaded to itunes). With 500 gb hdd I figured 200 gb for this would be good. I resized the C partition, but could not add a partition in the unallocated space and now understand why. I am not sure if the has messed up the OKR button, which seems possible given the thread.

I noticed the 29 gb partition and it seems that I can already use this for data.

The OKR, I only used once...I do not believe I created a "system backup/image".

Here are my questions...

1: Will the resizing of partition C back to its original C restore the ability to use OKR?

2. If I test the recovery DVDs and they work, is the only problem with resizing D to 200gb the loss of the OKR button?

3. What is the system backup/image? Is this like Windows restore, where I can go back to a point in time if something goes wrong? If so, When I restore with the DVDs, can/should I update windows before I make the image and/or new recovery dvds?

4. Finally...and this seems like a long shot...would resizing the partitions before making new recovery dvds or engaging with OKR be helpful...

Thanks...

Punch Card
lenovo_berk

Firstly,You cant create more than 4 partition.For create the 5th partition you need rapiddrive for change your disk to dynamic.System backup/image creates a restore point.You can go back when something goes wrong yes.Recovery DVD's are different.They ' re for go back to the initial settings.As i said just now you cant create more than 4 partitions and If you want to resize your D (Backup partition) You need to shrink c firstly and then delete the d partition completely.When you delete the d partition completely they ' ll unite . Recreate that unallocated space as D . 

Resizing the c partition dont effect  the okr . and i didnt understand your 3th question

create and deny !!!
Punch Card
lenovo_berk

Betreff: new disk partioning and one key recover feature

You cant create more than 4 partition . For a 5th part you need to install rapid drive for change your disk to dynamic.

d partition is your backup part and if you want to extend D shrink c firstly then delete the d completely until they unit.

when you delete d completely they ' ll unit . and recreate the unallocated part as D .

for example your d is 29 gb and you want to make it 100 gb-  shrink c 71 gb  first

create and deny !!!
Fanfold Paper
moh3en

i have lenovo y460. how resize drive D without problem for OnKeyRecovery.

I don't need more 50gb for Drive D. Can  i resize Drive C? just answer here!

Also how i can recovery setting? my laptop don't load windows 7.

Community Moderator
yigit

@moh3en

if your system comes with okr 6.0, the suggestion/solution above won't work and if you re-size the volumes, one key recover will stop working.

http://www.ki-themes.com
Paper Tape
Thomsonky3

Creating Recovery Discs for Ideapad

I just bought a lenovo Z575 Ideapad and want to create recovery discs.  But there seem to be so many options that I don't know what to purchase.  Dual layer?  4.75 or something bigger?  Some help would be much appreciated.

Community Moderator
yigit

Re: Creating Recovery Discs for Ideapad

Ctrl-Alt-Del
trollop

I backed up my y560 to the tune of 335+GB with Onekey, ended up needing to restore it, and i can't because Onekey says "the image file is not valid." Is this because it is over 300gb? I have version 7, which i thought eliminated the restore size limit.

Any help/hints? An hour long google session has yielded nothing.