Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
andreevbg

Re: new disk partioning and one key recover feature

Hi, i got u310 and my one key recovery software doesnt show interface but in task manager it is running ... what to do ?!? i rlly need to do a restore and i cant start it. If i try to start the recovery process when my pc is **bleep** down it loads and then my pc restarts and goes back to booting windows
Fanfold Paper
andreevbg

ok an update ... i created recovery dvds but when i boot from it it openes the recovery menu but then i have only mouse and after a while my pc reboots and also i dont see my ssd drive in my computer or in device manager ....

Paper Tape
Debdeep

WINDOWS PARTITION

my laptop came with windows on c drive which has a space of 420 gb. theres another drive d that contains lenovo driver files and has a space of 30 gb. I have my one key recovery factory cd which i backed up when the laptop came in this condition.I want to install windows on a drive that has smaller space but cant make another partition coz it is saying there are already 4 partitions. what should i do sould i delete all partition and make partitions afresh ? i have a windows 7 hp dvd . Please help.
Community Moderator
yigit

[ Edited ]

@andreevbg
have you created new volumes and changed the volume sizes?

@debdeep

we  have already discussed this issue and i believe you'll find some answers/suggestions at this thread.

http://www.ki-themes.com
Fanfold Paper
andreevbg

[ Edited ]

yes ... i did ... and i am deeply sry .... i thought that 450 gb is too much for c: ... pls tell me there is solution for this ...cuz i dont know what to do ... i cant see my ssd, cant use rescue recovery and cant enter raid menu also if i see a glimpse of my ssd it says it is just 1 gb ...

Paper Tape
agustg

Hi,
I want to share my experience.

I have brand new Lenovo U400 with750GB hardisk and 32GB SSD, Windows 7 Home Premium preloaded, OKR version 7.0.1509.

I resized the drive C to 80GB and drive D to 630GB.
STEPS:
1) Create factory default recovery disc using OKR (result: 3 DVDs)
2) Copy all files in drive D (folder "Application" and "drivers") to USB external hard drive
3) Run Disk Management (Control Panel | Administrative Tools | Computer Management | Storage | Disk Management)
4) Delete volume partition D
5) Extend volume partition C
6) Shrink volume partition C (I shrinked 650000 MB)
7) Choose "New Simple Volume" on the unallocated partition (assign drive letter to D, format NTFS and give volume label "LENOVO"
8) Copy back all files (folder "Application" and "drivers") from external hard drive to drive D

Then I run OKR "Restore from initial backup". The drive C and D remains 80GB and 630GB, and Windows 7 is running well.
:smileyhappy:

What's DOS?
urukhor

[ Edited ]

Hi, I own Lenovo Y570, I have changed my partition size couple of times and now its look like this
disk part info.PNG 

What can i do to make OneKey Recovery work again? Currently it even doesnt make initial repair disk.

I dont care about files on my computer, i backup them already

Paper Tape
llamazoo

@agustg - thanks for sharing that info, I'm currently trying to decide whether to risk resizing my partitions or just leave it be and live with a huge C drive & tiny D drive! One question: why did you delete the D partition and then make a new one, rather than just shrinking the C drive and expanding the D drive? Also why did you extend C and then shrink it again?

Paper Tape
agustg

@llamazoo
I did it before, but not succeed. Maybe because of Win7 can only allow maximum four partitions.
Deleting D partition will make unallocated space next to the C partition.
Extending C partition will take the unallocated space next to it.
After extending, there is only three partitions exist and I can create a new one by shrinking C partition.

Community Moderator
yigit

Re: Creating Recovery Discs for Ideapad