Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
rafcarontes

one key recoveryi ssue

Hi there, I have a lenovo laptop Ideapad Z570 with Windows 7 and one key recovery installed.

I would like to create a recovery disk and also I would like to change the size of the two partitions.

The reason behind that is the partition C is very big (421 GB) while partition D is very small (29 GB) and I would like to use partition D for my personal files in order for them to be a bit safer in case I need to use the recovery disk.

Unfortunately I have heard that if you change the partitions sizes OKR will not work.... is it true????

If this is the case could I change the partition sizes first and then create the recovery disk????

Alternatively what would you recommend to do????

Cheers

Community Moderator
yigit

Re: one key recoveryi ssue

@ rafcarontes
which version of one key recover you have?

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
Paper Tape
rafcarontes

OKR 7.0
Paper Tape
rafcarontes

After reading your previous posts it seems clear to me that if you change partitions in any way OKR will not work. Just to clarify... my goal is to have two partitions: C around 100GB to be used for windows files and programs and D around 350GB to be used for our personal files. I already know how to do that using windows 7 applications. I also need a recovery disk in case laptop crashes. I cannot use OKR to do that for obvious reason...
Are there any other ways to create a recovery disk without using OKR?
Community Moderator
yigit

you can use windows backup/restore or third part software such as norton ghost.

Paper Tape
rafcarontes

Thank you very much for your prompt answer...
I will look into these software.... will they actually create a recovery disk??? or will they create a backup of OS to be re-installed in case laptop crashes???
Community Moderator
yigit

you can create discs with norton ghost but as i know windows restore doesn't create discs ( you can burn the files )

Bit Torrent
ishaan

new disk partioning and one key recover feature

i found a way to use one key recovery even after installing new windows. through diskpart , just mark the oem partition as active. then ur computer would always boot into the one key recovery thingy. then just restore your computer to INTIAL BACKUP, not the backup created by you

Ishaan Ideapad Y560(i3 330m), Hp Elitebook 8460p!(i5-2520M) Hp Pavilion n208tx(i5-4200u)
If you think a post helped you, then you can give Kudos to the post by pressing the Star on the left of the post. If you think a post solved your problem, then mark it as a solution so that others having the same problem can refer to it.
What's DOS?
Sezerbasovski

Re: new disk partioning and one key recover feature

[ Edited ]

I have a problem. I have Y570 and last week a lot of trojans infected my pc. I don't have any recovery dvd's but I thought maybe one key recovery button help me to restore my pc to defaults.

Here is the oroblem; if I restore my pc, how can I set one key recovery to format D drive too. Because if OKR only restore C drive, viruses and trojans in D drives still will be there after restore.

Also do you think my OKR files infected from viruses and trojans too?

What should I do?

Community Moderator
yigit

Re: new disk partioning and one key recover feature

hi sezerbasovski,

if you use one key recover, it won't delete the files on volume d but you can format it manually after one key recover process completed. go to my computer > right click d volume > format > will delete all of the files, too.

by the way, okr installs the files from hidden partition so i don't think okr files are infected.

hope this helps.