@ yanness
it's not possible.

http://www.ki-themes.com
Blue Screen Again
dr_boehm

Problem with creating recovery disks on B560

[ Edited ]

Hi,

i just got this new machine (Lenovo B560), very nice!

But i cannot create the recovery disks. I tried it several times both with DVD and CD.

For creating the disks i use on key recovery and the select create recovery disks. Then i select "Recovery disks with factory state".

For DVD either it crashes while processing first DVD with error code 0xEB1B068A or while writing second DVD or CD 7 or 8.

or it says when writing second DVD that there is a problem with the write processing (i do not know the exact message) and then stops the disk creation process.

I also tried to start it as administrator but this did not help (no wonder cause i disabled UAC).

I did not change any partition sizes, jsut installed some normal windows programs.

The computer btw. has Windows 7 Home Premium installed.

Any help is appreciated!

Bye, Dirk.

What's DOS?
ijomaa

Unable to create a new drive after shrinking drive C

I just bought the IDEAPAD Y560 model, the C Drive is around 650GB, and the D Drive is around 30GB. I shrinked C Drive, and a new partition was created, when I try to assign a letter to this drive I get an error that the drive can't be created because the number of partitions on this disk ca'n't be exceeded. Can you help?

Another question, when I shrink C Drive, can I increase the size of the D Drive instead of creating a new drive?

Thanks in advance.

Paper Tape
sue_ada

One Key Recovery

during purchase op lenovo y450, it came with window vista..

so when i perform one key recovery, it came back to manufacturer state with window vista.

however, i already upgrade it into window 7..and i want to do one key recovery

so if i perform one key recovery, such as clean window installation...

it will effect my window 7 or not..???

do i have to install window 7 back???

it will back to window vista, or window 7 or free - DOS..????????????

Community Moderator
yigit
Community Moderator
yigit

Re: One Key Recovery

@sue_ada
performing clean windows installation by pressing one key recover will install the pre-loaded operation system ( for you, vista )

if you don't want to install windows 7 every time you use okr, after windows 7 upgrade, create "recovery disc with current system"

Community Moderator
yigit

Re: Unable to create a new drive after shrinking drive C

[ Edited ]

@ijomaa

first of all, making changes on volumes will cause one key recover function stops.

second of all, if you want new partitions, you already have the maximum number of partitions, you can't create new one unless you re-size the whole partitions on your harddisk. and you cannot shrink the c volume then extend it to d volume.

you can use third party applications to make new volumes, but if you don't know what you're doing, i suggest you to not. because if one key recover function stops working, you won't be able to use one key recover function ( also button ) to perform clean windows installation when you need. please, take a look at this thread ( also you can find more about in this forum ) before posting any other question.

Blue Screen Again
dr_boehm

Re: Problem with creating recovery disks on B560

Hi yigit,

many thanks for your fast reply but as i understand both of the articles in the links the suggestion were not to change partition sizes (what i for sure did not do) and to run okr as administrator (what i also tried).

The only thing i changed was to disable the ms acpi driver for battery control.

Any further suggestions are very welcome!!

Bye, Dirk.
Community Moderator
yigit

Re: Problem with creating recovery disks on B560

@ dr_boehm
try to burn discs with lower speed, also, try to burn the disc under recovery mode if it's possible ( shut down your computer and start-up your computer with one key recover button )

re-installing one key recovery also may help you.

What's DOS?
ijomaa

Re: Unable to create a new drive after shrinking drive C

Thanks for the clarification.