Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
rmoriar1
Accepted Solution

performed windows clean install, now cant access backed up files or connect to internet

My windows system was corrupted so windows support sent me a new windows home premium sp1 disk to perform a clean install. I used the windows backup feature to back up all my files to the D drive. I then performed the clean install. However now I can't move the backed up files back onto the C drive. Also it says this computer does not have a wireless adapter installed and configured. I'm pretty much fkd. Please help.
Fanfold Paper
rmoriar1

Re: performed windows clean install, now cant access backed up files or connect to internet

Ok, with some research I realized I needed to say the windows restore was from a backup on another computer and then point it the the d drive. Its now in the process of restoring them. Ill update whether I'm still having problems connecting to the internet when it is finished
Token Ring
leshcat

Re: performed windows clean install, now cant access backed up files or connect to internet

sp1?
Fanfold Paper
rmoriar1

Yes here's what she sent me: " 
Ryan, I’d like to explain that there is something wrong with your system version. Generally, it should be:

Version         6.0.6001 Service Pack 1 Build 6001
Version         6.0.6002 Service Pack 2 Build 6002

However, yours is “Version  6.0.6001 Service Pack 2 Build 6001”. The integrated Service Pack is unclear.

Give this situation, I am afraid that we might have to perform a Clean Install of Windows Vista."

Fanfold Paper
rmoriar1

The restore completed but I only see the files of the programs not the programs themselves. Is that what was supposed to happen?
Fanfold Paper
rmoriar1

problem resolved

Community Moderator
yigit

@ rmoriar1

can you post how did you solve your issue?

http://www.ki-themes.com