Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
shivarshi

problem in startup of ideapad 560 after hibernation

Hi guys,

i was wondering if some one from this orum can help me.

i have a lenovo y560 ideapad purchased around 4 months back. most of the features of this laptop are nice but one problem which i am facing with this laptop these days is with its bootup after hibernation. most of the times when i start the laptop after hibernating after the message "Resuming Windows" a black screen appear. The black screen continues for long..some times windows load after 2-3 mins while sometimes the black screen continues and after some time i have to shutdown the computer and then start it.with this i loose my saved work. i wonder if the other users of this model of lenovo also face the same problem.ithis is flustrating at times..with such good features i wish to see my laptop rid of this flaw.. 

the system config. are 15 processor,windows home premium ati mbile radeon graphics , 750 gb hard disk and 4 gb ram.

i would really appreciate your help..

Thanks...

tanujhanda
Topics: 3
Kudos: 80
Solutions: 65

Re: problem in startup of ideapad 560 after hibernation

Hello shivarshi and welcome to community,

As I understand Windows cannot come back from hibernate mode.

Kindly update the video driver and BIOS

For Windows Vista 32bit, Windows XP, Windows 7 32bit

For Windows Vista 64bit, Windows 7 64bit

Hope your issue gets resolved after this.

Best Regards,

Tanuj

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution".! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!