Support in other languages: 
Punch Card
benmark

scatched screen

Have been using my Y510 for 2 month and i realise more and more scatches appear on my screen. And it happen to certain particular area which is around the top right corner. anyone of you have the same issue?
is this under the warrently or it design fault?
thank you.
Fanfold Paper
A30N

Re: scatched screen

It happened to my screen, too. It's the screen rubbing against the edges of the keyboard when the laptop is closed. The 4 rubber bumpers embedded in the palmrest and speaker area aren't thick enough to protect the screen, so I stuck on 4 adhedsive rubber bumpers which are about a millimeter thicker than the stock ones, on on each corner, and it hasn't scratched further. I wonder if the warranty covers the scratches, since its a design flaw. I'd like to get a new screen cover myself.
Punch Card
wernst

[ Edited ]
After about a week of use, I noticed that some of the keys from the keyboard were contacting the screen when the computer was closed and tucked into my computer bag. The other things in the bag were pressing against the sides of the notebook and forcing contact.

It took me about a week before I noticed the tiny scuff on the screen and realized what was happening. Oh oh.

I immediately took a sheet of paper and put it over the keys whenever I tucked the computer back in its bag, and then ordered something my Mac-using friends had been utilizing for just this purpose for some time now: a ShaggyMac keyboard protector:

http://www.shaggymac.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=3

The "Generic PC 15.4 Widescreen" model fits the Y510 perfectly, and I by using it all the time my screen looks just perfect, except for that original tiny scuff in the corner.

It is small enough that you can't really see it unless you're looking for it, and the ShaggyMac has prevented any other scuffs from forming, and my Y510 is now my constant travelling companion.

-Warr

Moderator Note; converted to clickable link

Message Edited by andyP on 04-21-2008 08:47 AM
Fanfold Paper
A30N

Thanks for the tip! I just ordered one online.
Serial Port

I've had this same problem, and have been using an LCD cleaning cloth over the keys when it's closed, but the original scuffs are there.  Does anyone know of anything that will get the scuffs out?  One of them is kind of deep.
Running Ubuntu 9.04 on an Ideapad Y510
Serial Port
mikepasta

Wernst,

I also want to thank you for the tip! I ordered one over the weekend. Shipped today. Should have it tomorrow or Wed. I checked for a cloth at Best Buy. They have one similar. It only comes in one size (too small for my Y510) and is quite thick (compared to 0.9mm). Not sure if it would interfere with the complete closing of the screen.

Wyth,

Not sure 'bout getting deep scratches out. Best of luck with it. I hope someone comes up with a great tip for you.
Beer... It does a body good!
Fanfold Paper
shl0791

y510 screen scratched

Hi all,

I have a y510 that I purchased about 2-3 months ago.  The screen gets dings on it, or scratches.

mostly in the areas of the two trackpad buttons and where the 2 stickers for intel and vista were (I since have removed them).

It gets really annoying.  

Anyone know where I can get a replacement screen cover(not the actual lcd, but the cover), and how much it would be?

-Huy

Fanfold Paper
bbymig23

Re: y510 screen scratched

I hear you on that one! I have the same problem with the same laptop. It is so weird. It looks like it just needs to be cleaned, but as it turns out, they are scratches. They won't come off. The cover on this screen is definately prone to scratches. I would like to find a replacement too. If anyone knows how, please let us know. Thanks.

Jesse

Fanfold Paper
bbymig23

I am having the same problem too. I am going to order that screen protector that was reccomended, but I am interesting in fixing the existing scratches. I wonder if Lenovo will sell a replacement screen cover.

Paper Tape
sgeneralgrievou

Re: y510 screen scratched

if its still within warranty i bet they could fix that.