Support in other languages: 
Blue Screen Again
staringatstars

Re: solution for updating graphic cards for y560 with switchable graphics only [catalyst 10.12]

leshcat's 11.1a is out.

What's DOS?
shrewm

Re: solution for updating graphic cards for y560 with switchable graphics only [catalyst 10.12]

Is there any news on this? 11-2 is out and HIGHLY recommended because of tesselation!

Can you please update the drivers or at least write a small documentation of which files have to be edited, so people can do it on their own.

Thanks a lot !

Community Moderator
yigit

What's DOS?
shrewm

Thanks yigit,
graphics update also planed?
Community Moderator
yigit

bios update should fix the issue, so, my personal opinion is no need to.

ps: i don't work for lenovo. i'm volunteer.

http://www.ki-themes.com
Punch Card
Angelo22

I don't think installing this is a good idea. We've been waiting for updates since September of last year and today we finally got a newer BIOS. I remember they released the BIOS exactly a day before the ATI drivers. BE PATIENT. Don't risk having to send your laptop for weeks to a repair centre IF you're still under warranty. I'm sure they do this so people have enough time to update BIOS before making graphics drivers available. I'm sure tomorrow there will be one (cross fingers).
Blue Screen Again
Rael_The_Ether

First off I want to say Leshcat's driver update solution is AWESOME. Also, I want to personally THANK him for replying quickly to a concern I had with following his Switchable Graphics Install.

IF you follow his information to the letter (unlike me, because i got scared installing the "Ready Driver Plus") your system will update fine. If you are conservative, and have had your system for some time, maybe you will want to wait. Since restoring your system to factory defaults would be a pain. I was able to be more aggressive in that I just got my Y560 yesterday.

Also, and it may be stated elsewhere in the forum, but after getting helpful assistance from Leshcat, he informed me that I may want to wait a tiny bit since 11.2 of his Graphics Update was soon to come.

With anything NeaT and super CooL there is risk and rewards to getting it. I think based on what I have seen and performed first hand ( I Not super tech Nerd) that the RISK on performing the upgrade is minimal yet the REWARDS great.

-nuff said

PS: Thanks again Superbro Leshcat !!!

Blue Screen Again
staringatstars

@Rael_The_Ether

thats one's of best gratitude for leshcat :smileyhappy: As he is banned, here, and i his best friend, i cant say that for sure.

Dont be scared to install Redy iPlus. It will help you on x64.

Leshcat's sets always meant minimal risks & maximum istallation compability if you follow his manuals :smileyhappy:

PS. In fact, he released already 11.2 on hs blog, but only for x86.
Punch Card
Angelo22

Re: solution for updating graphic cards for y560 with switchable graphics only [catalyst 10.11]

[ Edited ]

x64 wasn't working at first, but now it's downloading. Will give it a try and let you guys know.

Ctrl-Alt-Del
Wahad

Re: solution for updating graphic cards for y560 with switchable graphics only [catalyst 10.11]

where is his blog?

can someone give me an adress?