Support in other languages: 
Fanfold Paper
gautam_jat

surronding images are not displayed properly during motion in games in ideapad y550

[ Edited ]

When i play any of the games like halo 2, then the surronding images are deformed when there is any movement.When player is standstill, the image fine.

I checked everything, updated driver,tested other games, but in all other games, the same problem.

I think that this is due to my graphicard malfunctioning.

Once few days before the back portion of my screen was too much heated, but after sometimes, it was normal.

Is it problem due to this heating of screen.Can anyone help me with this???

Retired Employee
Serge1410

Re: surronding images are not displayed properly during motion in games in ideapad y550

hey gautam_jat,

could you screen record it for us? that way it is easier for us to understand.

also, go here : http://consumersupport.lenovo.com/us/en/DriversDownloads/drivers_list.aspx?CategoryID=207087

and if your graphic card version is lower than what is listed here; kindly update.

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.
Fanfold Paper
gautam_jat

Re: surronding images are not displayed properly during motion in games in ideapad y550

thanks for ur concern and replying me.I am late replying as i was too much busy with work and i forgot all these.

By the way that problem was screen tearing.Now i am facing a new problem.

My system switchs off suddenly after few minutes of playing games which require graphics cards.

Normally it works fine.I was playing halo 2 from past 2 years and this problem was not there before.

I tried everything and also service center engineers, but all in vain.Now i have reffered to len care and they said they will first check the game requirements like that of halo 2 and then they will contact me.

By the way my machine is ideapad Y550 with 1 GB gt240m, and 4gb ddr3 ram, and core 2 duo 2.20GHZ cpu, which is enough to play games like halo 2.Mates plz help me regarding this issue.Here are the system requirements of halo 2

Operating system

Windows 7 or Windows Vista

Computer processor

2.0 gigahertz (GHz)

Memory

1 gigabyte (GB) or random access memory (RAM)

Hard disk space

7 GB of available hard disk space. The dedicated server and the map editor require more hard disk space.

Video card

ATI X700 or Nvidia 6100 display adapter with 128 megabytes (MB) of RAM and the following features:

• Pixel shader: 2 or greater
  • Vertex shader: 2 or greater

Windows Experience Index scores:

• Graphics score: 3 or greater
  • Gaming graphic score: 3 or greater
Fanfold Paper
gautam_jat

Help me mates

From last 20 days, My Y550 switch offs suddenly after 5 minutes of playing any graphic demanding game, even like halo 2.

I am playing this game from last two years and there was no such problem.Then i went to service center, they changed motherboard, heatsink, but then also same problem.After that i called len care officials, they told me that Hlo2 is a high resolution game and so my machine dosent support it.Really they are fools as my machine fullfills all requirements of this game as it has 2.20ghz core2duo,4gbddr3 ram,gt240m 1gb graphics card.Hey mates plz reply and also mention in reply that ur y550 with same configuration as mine or lower than mine is able to play halo 2 or such similar graphic requirements games, so that it would be helpful for me when i sue this company in consumer court.