Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
Matt64

v570 - I need help with my touch pad.

I just bought a V570 and it's GREAT, but whenever I install this Windows update, my touchoad scroll bar (The thing you slide up and down ont he touchpad to scroll a webpage) stops working.  The driver is up to date and "This device is working properly" but it won't work.  The only way I can get it to work is to run system restore (which I believe undoes the windows updates), but within a week the update comes back and when I restart my computer the scrollbar stops working.  Is there a compatibility issue with the Windows updates or something?  Please help, this is a GREAT computer but this problem is annoying. 

-Matt

Retired Guru
Duck3

Re: v570 - I need help with my touch pad.

Just don't install any touch pad drivers from Win update.

Make sure "give me recommended updates" or similar is
NOT checked in Win update settings screen.
Paper Tape
Matt64

Thanks-  I will try that.  Just turned on my laptop today and MORE UPDATES!  I didn't even know there WERE settings for windows updates!  

What's DOS?
lagloriacubano

Is there a way to turn off my scroll bar... my finger seems to always hit it just so... then my screen size goes up, or shrinks...

What's DOS?
tomgartin

I have basically the same problem. At some point I installed an update that disables my ability to touch scroll. To get it going again I have to right-click on the desktop, select "Personalize" and then click on "Change Mouse Pointers" which loads the Synaptics control panel. For some reason, just opening the synaptics control panel refreshes the device or something and lets me touch-scroll again. I have to do this after every restart. It's annoying, but it works.

Let me know if it works for you or not. This is something Lenovo REALLY needs to address!

What's DOS?
kporter

About a month into using it I've also encountered the same problems. Is there a way to remove whatever update caused this to occur?