Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
mranymouse

v570 won't start up

This morning I attempted to start up my v570 laptop. The only thing that happens is the disk drive spins up and the fan turns on full blast non stop. Screen did not turn on. I shut it off and the power light kept blinking. 

any ideas?

Community Moderator
yigit

Re: v570 won't start up

[ Edited ]

can you see the lenovo logo at start-up?

do you hear windows start-up theme?

http://www.ki-themes.com
Paper Tape
mranymouse

no, just a black screen and no sound.

Community Moderator
yigit

do you have vga or hdmi cable to check if it's graphic card or lcd?
also try this trick, it may help : remove the battery, unplug the ac power, press power button for 30-40 seconds, replace the battery and check if it works.

there is a chance that one or both of the ram stick(s) is dead, please, try to remove/replace or swap the ram sticks or just use one ram stick.

Paper Tape
mranymouse

yea i hooked it up to a tv using hdmi and still nothing.

Community Moderator
yigit

you will need hardware support. please, call lenovo support line for further information and guides for shipping your laptop back to service.

Fanfold Paper
07stiltd

I had the exact same problem today with my V570.  After  troubleshooting it with the recommendations on this forum, it's dead.  I contacted Lenovo support about sending it back. 

What a wonderful introduction to Lenovo products this has been.  I bought my V570 on 1/5/2012 and it died on 2/12/12.  Too bad I'm not a silver member of bestbuy rewards or I would have returned it to the store today and gotten something else.  Now I have to wait an unknown amount of time to get my laptop back only to worry about its future reliability.  Oh and as a bonus I get to lose all my data on my drive and re-transfer it all.  Lucky I have it backed up to an external drive or it would just be gone....  Should have bought another Toshiba, but a similar model to the V570 was several hundred dollars more.  I'm typing this from my 6 year old Toshiba that was replaced with the V570.... 

Very disappointed with my Lenovo V570.

Fanfold Paper
newworldinorder

I encountered this similar problem too. I bought a refurb Lenovo v570 from Best Buy 2 weeks ago, and I had a bootup/startup problem. However, as soon as I logged in to my Win7 user account, it would just show a black screen. I went into safe mode and system restored. Good thing I backed up my files.

Afterwards, I used Lenovo OneKey backup and restored to initial settings.

Paper Tape
020McKenzie12

I too am having this problem, but for me it has been intermittent.  The second time it happened, I turned on (startup failed) and  turned off 3 times before it started successfully on the 4th attempt.  The next time startup failed, I did what the forum recommended (pulled the battery, held the start button down, started on AC power) and it worked.  However, the next time startup failed that fix did NOT work.  But then after it sat overnight, it started up like nothing was wrong.  I heard that it is possible to over-charge your battery, which could cause this problem.  Can anyone confirm or deny?  Any other solutions for those of us experiencing this??

Community Moderator
yigit

can you try to remove/replace/swap the ram sticks?