Support in other languages: 
Punch Card
SilverWind

Re: SOLVED_Y460p/Y560p Sound drop out once every 65 sec

Tested. Not sure what was changed, but the "DPC Latency checker" is still showing peaks every 65 seconds.

Picture: http://scrshot.ru/51.full

Punch Card
wasi123

I have been using Laptops from many years never came across with this strange sound drop out problem which has with Y460p/y560p.
Many Owners of y460p n y560p facing this issue.Lenovo should take this thing as priority and fix it as earliest in the next update Bios
Fanfold Paper
diazman

[ Edited ]

No good, sound stuttering still there... (with the new BIOS, Had to downgrade back to V17) :smileysad:

Paper Tape
wschan

Re: workaround for y460p/y560p sound stutter

already tried installed the updated bios in my lappy, but the sound stutter problem still there...

Community Moderator
Zehnsteine

[ Edited ]

Hi Wschan,

please remove the Battery Pack from your Y560p and run connected to mains power only...

if then there is no more sound stutter audible, BIOS is the culprit and presently the only fix available is

to install version 3FCN17WW64 BIOS.

You may have to save an image of your Win-XP-32bit installation, then temporarily install a 64bit Windows,

flash the BIOS and afterwards put your original Win-XP back on HDD.

If the sound stutter persist while using mains power only (Battery disconnected), the problem is not related to BIOS!

please post your findings... Zehn

Paper Tape
Karunia_K

Hi Zehn,

Thank you for the hints in the email and discussion.

My laptop is Y460p-583, processor i5, JBL speaker, Windows 7 Home 64 bit.

I experienced the stutter sound on speaker before. So i tried to test with the DPC latency checker to see if i encountered the 65s and if BIOS upgrade is the solution.

I used the battery on the laptop, unplugged the charger, and alternately turn on and off the wireless connection. I can not consistently get the stutter sound (shown by a very high latency graph in the pictures posted by previous users) but i find an interesting DPC pattern when the wireless is on.

Here are my findings :

1a) Play the default Sample Music from Windows 7 with windows media player + turning on the wireless :
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BzyLrG1oWwr0MTAwM2MwN2UtOTU2Ni00NGI3LWJmMTYtN2MxY2Q4MzlkZjI3

1b) Play the default Sample Music from Windows 7 with windows media player + turning off the wireless :
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BzyLrG1oWwr0NmVhMGJmZTMtYTU3MS00MWMwLTgxYzktODY5NGJkMGUxYjRh

2a) Use "Sound Recorder" to do sound recording + turning on the wireless :
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BzyLrG1oWwr0MjI0NDM3MWYtMThjZi00NzFmLTgyOTgtYzZiNmI5OTc4YTU1

2b) Use "Sound Recorder" to do sound recording + turning off the wireless :
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BzyLrG1oWwr0ZDMwYzk2ZGItNzRhMS00NDIyLWI5N2UtNWNjOTFjNjMwNDIw

Do you have any suggestion on the testing methods since i can not consistently get a high latency and regular 65s period?

Thank you.

Community Moderator
Zehnsteine

[ Edited ]

Hi Karunia,

hmm... actually my suggestion was to remove the Battery, but have the charger plugged in...

but anyway, latency peaks up to around 5000 micro seconds usually do not cause audible sound stutter.

Please don't care to much about irrelevant latency peaks.

Looking at your pictures I conclude that you don't have problems caused by BIOS!

BTW... which version BIOS do you use presently?

Have you ever heard the sound stutter and seen a full scale latency peak at the same time?

Many times random sound stutter is also caused by bad internet connection, buggy programs

or to many programs running simultaneously,

Try to find out how to trigger the sound stutter at will,

and please report... Zehn

Paper Tape
Phigment

Same problem, "passed" your tests, need old BIOS. Just got off the phone with service and they want me to send it out. Does anyone have version 17 for download? Thank you for all the good work you guys are doing!
Community Moderator
Zehnsteine

[ Edited ]

Hi Phigment... PM sent...

Please give some more info about your laptop...

model, CPU, GPU, Win7 32 or 64bit, present BIOS version... Zehn

Paper Tape
potsirhcc

Hi,

I also have a y560p and am still experiencing sound issues. It appears to be my bios. Could you also pm me?

y560p, i7, 64bit, 

model, CPU, GPU, Win7 32 or 64bit, present BIOS version is 3FCN17WW