Support in other languages: 
Punch Card
Switch719
Accepted Solution

y450 - Touch-sensitive keys randomly activate

I just got my y450 this week, and I'm having problems with the touch-sensitive keys at the top of the keyboard.

Four of the buttons will activate on their own.  The only ones that are affected are the onekey theater, dolby control center, mute, and volume up.  They will go off in a rash, for 5-15 minutes at a time of just random switching between modes, muting and unmuting, and incessant opening of the dolby control center.  I called Lenovo support to try and resolve this issue--they had me uninstal the buttons from the Device Manager, then let Windows reinstall the drivers on reboot--to no avail.

Is anyone else experiencing a problem like this?  I really hope it's a software problem and not something that would require a warranty claim.  Any ideas for a solution would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Switch719

Ctrl-Alt-Del
sudipta

Re: y450 - Touch-sensitive keys randomly activate

Hi,

This issue can be a issue with power management software.

Most of the hot keys work with power management. after reinstall the power management then need to reinstall the audio driver after that issue will get resolve.

Start>control panel>programs and feature>select the power managent and uinstall that.

Then right cilick on my computer and select the manage.

open the device manage >right cilick on audio driver after expend sound and audio controller option.>then uinstall the driver.

reinstall the driver.

your issue must get resolve. :smileyhappy:

Punch Card
Switch719

[ Edited ]

Thanks for your reply, Sudipta, but I'm having some trouble with your instructions.

First of all, I don't see "power management" under programs and features in the control panel anywhere.  Are you referring to the Lenovo-branded energy management software that was bundled with the computer?

Second, I am unsure as to exactly which drivers are associated with these keys; it seems unlikely that the audio drivers  would be

responsible for them, seeing as two of the malfunctioning keys have nothing to do with directly changing audio; one changes screen settings and another simply launches a program (Dobly control center).  I will, however, try to reinstall the audio drivers and see if that helps.

The most frustrating thing is testing whether the problem is still occuring--since I can't make it happen at any time, I simply have to use my computer for a while and watch for the keys to start acting up.  

Message Edited by Switch719 on 05-30-2009 12:40 PM
Message Edited by Switch719 on 05-30-2009 12:43 PM
Ctrl-Alt-Del
sudipta

Hi,

Power management and energy management software both are same.energy management software enable with hotkey drivers that why said to reinstall the power management.

second thing is your dolby function is related with audio driver.like if you wants to change sum setting in audio.like pop,jaj,rock  this thing only will happen when audio driver working properly.I hope most of confusion solve now.

Punch Card
Switch719

Ok, thanks, I'll give it a try and post back with the results.
Punch Card
caliblue

I have the exact same issue with my y650. Let me know what happens please.
Punch Card
Switch719

[ Edited ]

sudipta wrote:

Hi,

This issue can be a issue with power management software.

Most of the hot keys work with power management. after reinstall the power management then need to reinstall the audio driver after that issue will get resolve.

Start>control panel>programs and feature>select the power managent and uinstall that.

Then right cilick on my computer and select the manage.

open the device manage >right cilick on audio driver after expend sound and audio controller option.>then uinstall the driver.

reinstall the driver.

your issue must get resolve. :smileyhappy:

Ok, so I uninstalled the Energy Management drivers and left them uninstalled.  I also uninstalled the realtek drivers, then let Windows automatically install drivers for that.  Some of the blue icons no longer appear on the screen when I hit the touchkeys, but that doesn't bother me.  All of the keys are working fine for now, but I will have to keep an eye on it for a day or two before I determine that the issue is resolved.  If things work the way they are now, I will reinstall the factory drivers from my D:\ partition and see if the issue returns.

Thanks for your help!

UPDATE:

I am still experiencing this issue.  Stil experiencing the problem with the driver setup above, I tried reinstalling both Lenovo Energy Management and the factory Realtek drivers, and it still activates on its own.

I've also noticed that the problem usually occurs right at startup, but then stops after a few minutes.  However, it is not limited  to startup and will sometimes occur after some time of use.

Message Edited by Switch719 on 05-31-2009 07:46 PM
Message Edited by Switch719 on 05-31-2009 07:46 PM
Punch Card
Switch719

I have called Lenovo Tech Support, and this time around they told me that this issue may be caused by a loose connection inside the computer.  They are scheduling a support tech to come and replace the touch-sensitive panel.  I must say I'm glad I purchased the extended warranty for in-home service.  They should be getting in touch with me this week to set up the appointment.

I really hope they can fix it, because it's driving me crazy.

Punch Card
caliblue

let me know how that goes. i really don't care much for a fix because i'm running windows 7 and the drivers aren't even compatible. i doubt its a faulty connection, wouldn't make any sense. it probably a busted part with a messed up circuit. i could tell you how to remove the keyboard, but I dont' know if that could void your warranty.
Ctrl-Alt-Del
sudipta

Hi 

Thats mean that audio driver not working properly.So know you logged the case in lenovo care.so let them handel this case.But ownestly speaking this issue related olny with the drivers.